Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GraveDigga Questions....

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Masta Killer
    lol @ prince paul rappin

INTERESTING FACT: the album 6 feet deep, was recorded in 91, before the wu-tang was even concieved
    where is your source 4 that fact?

i'm curious to see this
    I got styles sick as hell, sicker than sickle cell anemia, slaughter your circulatory like lukemia

- AZ

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

yeah me 2
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

this is what happened according to Paul

As far as RZA is concerned we did demos in the 80’s. I’ve known him for a while. Probably around the time I did 3 Feet High and Rising was when I met RZA, well he was Prince Rakeem back then. We worked on a few things and somewhere around the line he got a deal with Tommy Boy and he did that “Oh We Love You Rakeem” record. After that I didn’t hear from him. Then I was able to get his number. This is before Wu-Tang came out. I told him “I don’t know if you’re still rhyming or whatever, but you’re one of the best emcees I’ve worked with.” Let’s get together and pull our talents. I got two other guys which was Poetic and Frukwon. Let’s try to make something collectively. Because individually we’re all been having a hard time, I was losing my steam with De La. People didn’t really get the album De La Soul is Dead. I tried to pull everybody’s talent. We started putting Gravediggaz together in 1992. RZA had put out Protect Your Neck independently and that started to take off during that time. It all kind of worked out. Then he became the RZA as opposed to Prince Rakeem (laughs).

As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

I heard 6-feet deep when it came-out, my friends where play'n while blaze'n blunts back in the high-school days, it was some crazy sound shit @ the time. But when i heard the Pick the Sickel & Shovel I was Blown!!! like the other guy said there is NO and i mean NO rap music out there like that and if u like that album Nightmare in a Minor you'll like to.

#1 Pick Sickel & Shovel
    #2 Nightmare in a Minor
    #3 6 feet Deep

Thats how I rate them.

IMO Gravediggaz werent Wu (at least not on 6 feet deep) they just got RZA in the group. Thats like saying the Ghost/Doom album will make Doom a wu affiliate or Grandmasters making DJ Muggs a Wu Affiliate.

GENERAL WISE

Quote Originally Posted by J-DON
    IMO Gravediggaz werent Wu (at least not on 6 feet deep) they just got RZA in the group. Thats like saying the Ghost/Doom album will make Doom a wu affiliate or Grandmasters making DJ Muggs a Wu Affiliate.
    its like that dude said, 6 feet deep was in production before 36 chambers in 91 so it can't be wu-tang. its Gravediggaz and that name can hold its own camp imo

(otherwise it would be a De La Soul/Wu-tang/Stetsasonic/Brothers Grym affiliation)

i think i'm high

son you NNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD to hear everything paul has produced....GOAT producer

Realness

Veteran Member

6 feet deep is better by far