Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this articles dumps on some people who r in this forum

Fuck a title

Default this articles dumps on some people who r in this forum

this writer is a writer for hiphopdx.com and in my opinion he is one of the best writers for hip-hop. tells it how it is and shows so much respect to the underground. he pretty much dumps on underground groupies in this article

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.557
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza

well i think hes right to a certain extent, artists should be judged on skills not by the fact they've had sum commercial success

but some of the other shit he says is fucked up

still standin tall

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

I don't see how its a clever article. He seems like a person who is just as much obsessed with things others than artists just like the people he writes about.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

omg lmfao i was just reading that shit it is 100% true

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

I think I read something similar....how to expose a backpacker.

There is some truth to that.

a lot of sites are making articles like that these days.

Veteran Member

This Guy Is Opinionated(which is ok) but this article is wack,hes basically talking about himself and what he thinks, it should be an all around thing, lame

Veteran Member

i guess i fall under that catergory but only because the mainstream doesnt have much to offer me so i jus ignore it...whats wrong with that? its not as if mainstream fans respect underground so why should i respect mainstream

tuh whatever ima jus do what i do an like what i like

Wu Vatican

2^ its an editorial. thats what its supposed to do, you want some generic middle of the line thing go look it up in a dictionary or something.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Underground elitism is such a wank. You don't need to like mainstream hip-hop, but there's absolutely no point in making useless ass topics about how T.I. fans are clueless just because they might not like the music you like (to use one example). I don't know why hip-hop heads on the net are so infatuated with the opinions of others, but fuck. It's not like someone else hating on Ghostface will have any effect on me.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by wutang 10304
    i guess i fall under that catergory but only because the mainstream doesnt have much to offer me so i jus ignore it...whats wrong with that? its not as if mainstream fans respect underground so why should i respect mainstream

tuh whatever ima jus do what i do an like what i like
    na man thats the wrong way to look at it, sure the bulk of the mainstream cats are wack but doesnt mean u should ignore the whole lot

lots of great mcs have/had mainstream success

still standin tall

Just think if the world was backwards.... wouldn't it be great? instead of mainstream being hot it would be underground... the cat who didn't get signed... got signed (me. lol) this world would be awesome instead of being poor , we'd have money to burn... just a thought.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Quote Originally Posted by wutang 10304
    i guess i fall under that catergory but only because the mainstream doesnt have much to offer me
    i agree with that part, cos if i heard some grimey stuff in the mainstream i'd probably still like it but i cant see any 'hardcore' stuff getting in the mainstream...not saying that i would only dig hardcore mainstream though...

Fuck a title

alot of cats on here dont pay there respect to illmatic because it sold a million and nas is "mainstream". alot of people dont give biggie his respect either because he is "mainstream". some people only listen ghost cuz of doom. the point of the article was to say that so called "hip-hop" fansdont know the backround or originators. my fav example was snoop dogg. cats wont listen to him but they dont understand or know snoops old shit. snoop was raw, on a west coast tip, and backpackers dont know or give him his credit. thats the point, i swear i cant do anything right for u fucking people and that article proves what the fuck i meant. pay respect to a writer that recgonizes and is knowledgeable of hip-hop old school and new school

I thought a lot of backpackers liked the old school mainstream...just not the new stuff.

Fuck a title

nope, ive meant backpackers who have never heard the sond "sound of da police" by krs one. and technically to backpackers nas, jada, ghost and cats like that who get video airplay r mainstream and thats the reason y they dont like them