Thread: multiculturalism

Default multiculturalism

the concept of multiculturalism is one that has been applied in a number of countries across the world with a varied results. some people argue that the recent events and france, unemployment of racial minorities and the disproportionate level of crime within these minorities idicates that multiculturalism is a theory which does not work in practice. other would argue that it is only intolerance and a system whcih is design form the outset to disadvantage immigrants is to blame for the lack of assimilation. what are your opinion. does the concept function, or is it an idealistic view of the way whcih society should function?

I live in London which is very multicultural and I find that with the exception of a few cases people mix well, It's only when you go outside that you start to see trouble.

I think a multicultural society does work, it enables you to see and experience other cultures which in turn helps broaden your horizon.
    But what is not good and it is something that I am seeing more and more of in london and that is eastern europeans living on the streets, you see a lot of them sneaking into the country, living rough and in turn begging for change or trying to pick pocket both locals and tourists.

run, away - slave!

multiple cultures co-existing without any one having more preference special treatment from the government. so basicly all the hyphens to the social meovements to any cause for rights from animals to zoos and animals.

it states everybody on equal footing in getting their culture represented to the rest of society. we get everything from how act to what eat the whole of that given social groups norms which we take part or all as not norm. are gays normal? they say so but follow the path of multi cultural and you can find the answer.

the melting pot of america which has become paradise lost over faustian schemes to sell a pryamid scheme and have them come to build their dreams. different cultures different view of a dream in context of community standards.

it don't work like celebrate diversity to the rainbow bridge to the sunsine, yet the rainbow is not soild bot a break up of seven colours. so multi but not together - kind of like the cultures intergrate on the streets of amerika but segregate behind closed doors. everything you come across upon the streets is your partaking.

Veteran Member

Recently here in multicultural Australia we had race riots. It was surprising to me, not necessarily how many people were racist, but more so how many people were openly rascist.

i am also an australian i i think many people in the country believe that the co-existance of races is not realistic. our history is a racist one and i think the remnents of that are being seen today.

I don't think any of us have really experienced "multiculturalism".

We have, however, experienced White supremacy and on a wide scale level.

It must be acknowledged that the effects of white supremecy are seen and felt across the planet.

and it has tainted the culture of most Original people and organic cultures.

I would say, no.... intergration of races does not work, but our generation has never felt such a thing in it's pure form.

White supremacy and western society has a dividing effect on so-called minorities, and doesn't allow peace a chance to be manifested.

i think i'm high

yea it works in my city i'm tight with kids of all ethnicities...the ignorant are gonna be ignorant but new york is maintaining. It's way too early in history to say if intergrating does or doesn't work....in our parents lifetime it JUST happend...you gotta give it some more time

Realness

Naw...what I'm saying is that we as Black people can't intrgrate with whites and intend not to get fucked over.

We don't know what intergrating without them is like, in our generation, because the effects of white supremecy is so far reaching.

However, we do know that white people + Original people = white supremacy.

It ain't pretty, but it's the truth.

run, away - slave!

that collective unconscious would take to borging and politicking like it's gentrification and monopoly.

some boundaries shouldn't be crossed.

lot of other races in portsmouth now.

used to be quite different.

i dont really give a shit what race is living next door, everyone seems to give a shit when it comes to race. moaning bout tax money and shit, ignorant people just looking for a reason most of the time. they dont care about there tax money enouth to find out where it mostly goes. but when race comes up they notice what tax money is being spent on what.

Right

Where I live is everything mixed so we have something from almost every culture. That doesn't make me whatever kind of names they call me on this forum.

well i'm actually the product of multicultural living.
    i'm italian and i live in belgium.italians are the biggest group of "foreigners" in belgium,than u got the turks and morocchans.
    i live in a neighbourhood with a lot of foreigners and different nationalities.

especially lately,there seems to be a lot of hate towards other races in belgium.
    i dunno,i think multicultarilism could work,but it would take a lot of work from both foreigners as natives (for lack of a better word)

im similar to you cap, in that my grandparents were italian immigrants. when they first came to australia there was a great deal of prejudice and the like towards them however in my generation racism against italians is almost non existence. maybe this will be the case with the secon and third generations of other immigrants who are being disadvantaged and discriminated against now. who knows. but i still think that there is a certain amount of prejudice which is passed down through generations.