Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: discussing 5 percent

question: at what time did the 5% movement originate?
    a specific time period would be appreciate.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by illstatiq.
    question: at what time did the 5% movement originate?
    a specific time period would be appreciate.

click the sig if you vatican status

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

[quote=NAKHI the SOLORIAN]actually this poses a good question, do not consider him an idiot.

Hip Hop(not rap) was birthed in the inner city ghetto, this is a well known fact, it was manifested as OUR way to escape the harsh realities of inner city life. Now most caucasions do not suffer the same plight as us(I do not care how you draw it up, if you are a Black person living in Amerikkka there is a stigma attached...period), so how can you relate to what an emcee is spittin if he/she is talkin about what goes on in the ghetto? Now I have met caucasions from the hood and because they were products of the enviorment Hip Hop was in there blood, but most(not all but most) of the caucasions out here now that listen to rap today do not have a clue as to what real Hip Hop is or even know the culture.

Peace Nahki
    I agree with all that you said; but I donīt think that whiteboys are the only people who do not understand the hiphop culture. I am from NYC and I know hiphop better than some kid from france. I donīt really think a persons social or economical background has anything to do with their ability to contribute to hiphop positively. If you truly love hiphop if its in your blood then do you; donīt listen to some hater putting regulations on who can be down. The point is it is music and art and the artist is not as important as the art itself. However for someone who dosenīt have a clue as to what hiphop is; I agree they have no business getting involved with it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NAKHI the SOLORIAN
    thankyou....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kwu
    actually this poses a good question, do not consider him an idiot.

Hip Hop(not rap) was birthed in the inner city ghetto, this is a well known fact, it was manifested as OUR way to escape the harsh realities of inner city life. Now most caucasions do not suffer the same plight as us(I do not care how you draw it up, if you are a Black person living in Amerikkka there is a stigma attached...period), so how can you relate to what an emcee is spittin if he/she is talkin about what goes on in the ghetto? Now I have met caucasions from the hood and because they were products of the enviorment Hip Hop was in there blood, but most(not all but most) of the caucasions out here now that listen to rap today do not have a clue as to what real Hip Hop is or even know the culture.
    Peace Nahki
    I agree with all that you said; but I donīt think that whiteboys are the only people who do not understand the hiphop culture. I am from NYC and I know hiphop better than some kid from france. I donīt really think a persons social or economical background has anything to do with their ability to contribute to hiphop positively. If you truly love hiphop if its in your blood then do you; donīt listen to some hater putting regulations on who can be down. The point is it is music and art and the artist is not as important as the art itself. However for someone who dosenīt have a clue as to what hiphop is; I agree they have no business getting involved with it.
    Thanks

Peace

like I stated in the bold print most but not all caucasions, also your from N.Y.C. that there alone gives you braggin writes(so to speak) and again this is just MY opinion, not law, but in my defense in all my years on the planet of Hip Hop this is what I have seen.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Peace
    Yeah I understand what youīre saying; and with few exceptions you are absolutely right. I think anyone contributing to hiphop should have a thorough knowledge of the culture and not just be in, be out for a little cash. I think that would eliminate alot of the garbage that is destroying the music side of it right now.
    Thanks Nahki

Cream of the Corp

Malcolm, Martin, Black Panthers

They would have got us blacks all killed or caught up in the establishment in a docile state of psuedo-coexistence.

Nuff respect, but their methods and ideology were not absolute

Quote Originally Posted by june181972
    Malcolm, Martin, Black Panthers

They would have got us blacks all killed or caught up in the establishment in a docile state of psuedo-coexistence.

Nuff respect, but their methods and ideology were not absolute

you can't be serious..........

Veteran Member

What the fuck >> "being blakkk in america is a stigma... and people who are not from america dont know hip hop because it started in the america... and there for "you" know it and "we" dont...? C mon
    YOU represent that picture!!!!!!!! So then you get all aboout how "no one knows our history and they judge this but they dont know man but we still keepin it real in the hood where it all started but the people who dont give a fuck about rap culture be makeint the most money..blah blah blah""""
    man stop...
    Did you ever think about how the "culture" gets spread... to Europe? Huh?
    Do people go and take a plane for 3 buck and go and see the "the strugle" live from a tourist bus with their cameras on and shit...? No! They get it from TV(more than ever), songs and live shows. America is so "developed" that it can afford its own "real hip hop scene in one block radius". Like... let them play "real life" while we sell this other shit all aroud the world. And they gona "keep it real" inside their neigbourhood. Thats how they treat it.
    You cant control it. It blew up and its on his own way. So all that talk about whites from Europe or who ever else takeing "you" culture and makeing it in some twisted shit now is wrong. What you think that only blakkk folks from America should buy records made by blakkk folks from America. And that was what made hip hop grow? No? How the hell is "poor ghetto guy" gonna buy his own shit that he made. The money would be going in circle with no sense. Think about it. It had to have a cash income other that its own population. And the whites did that. They DO that!

Cream of the Corp

you can't be serious..........
    Do you really think blacks can or could vote our way in to TRUE Freedom Justice and Equality? (the ballet)

How much closer to TRUE Freedom Justice and Equality would black people get by means of bearing arms? (the bullet)

To paraphrase a quote from the preface of the edition of Message to the Blackman in America that I own:
    How can one engage in a war when you don't even have the means to produce toilet paper?

Do you really think blacks can or could vote our way in to TRUE Freedom Justice and Equality? (the ballet)

How much closer to TRUE Freedom Justice and Equality would black people get by means of bearing arms? (the bullet)

To paraphrase a quote from the preface of the edition of Message to the Blackman in America that I own:
    How can one engage in a war when you don't even have the means to produce toilet paper?

You are taking the literature and viewing it literally, at the time it was written there was turmoil in Amerikka towards the Black race(in the open, wheras in today's society it is more underlying).

All I am saying is that if those brothers that I mentioned were still alive we as a people would have better role models to look up to. The music would be better, and IMO the quality of life would be better.

Cream of the Corp

Is covert racism better than overt racism?

I'm not taking the literature to literally.
    I'm just saying why fight towards an incomplete goal.
    Which methods would truly complete the "mission?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stevan
    What the fuck >> "being blakkk in america is a stigma... and people who are not from america dont know hip hop because it started in the america... and there for "you" know it and "we" dont...? C mon
    YOU represent that picture!!!!!!!! So then you get all aboout how "no one knows our history and they judge this but they dont know man but we still keepin it real in the hood where it all started but the people who dont give a fuck about rap culture be makeint the most money..blah blah blah""""
    man stop...
    Did you ever think about how the "culture" gets spread... to Europe? Huh?
    Do people go and take a plane for 3 buck and go and see the "the strugle" live from a tourist bus with their cameras on and shit...? No! They get it from TV(more than ever), songs and live shows. America is so "developed" that it can afford its own "real hip hop scene in one block radius". Like... let them play "real life" while we sell this other shit all aroud the world. And they gona "keep it real" inside their neigbourhood. Thats how they treat it.
    You cant control it. It blew up and its on his own way. So all that talk about whites from Europe or who ever else takeing "you" culture and makeing it in some twisted shit now is wrong. What you think that only blakkk folks from America should buy records made by blakkk folks from America. And that was what made hip hop grow? No? How the hell is "poor ghetto guy" gonna buy his own shit that he made. The money would be going in circle with no sense. Think about it. It had to have a cash income other that its own population. And the whites did that. They DO that!

check this out duke.
    I never said that Europe does not rep Hip Hop to the fullest.
    I know for a fact about the culture in Europe, Japan, as well as other spots overseas. You obviosly did not read my post. All I said was MOST, NOT ALL caucasions. You obviously got offended by my opinion, why?

...........actually I could care less, your attempt to twist my text will not work. I do not care if you from east jablip,[Treach from Naughty By Nature] "if you have never been in the ghetto, you would never understand the ghetto, so stay the f**k out of the ghetto" [Treach from Naughty By Nature]. I cannot bear a child so I have no idea the pain that a mother goes thru during childbirth. Do you understand now?

Look I have been places where most of these cats on the net would cringe at being so please do not try to think you have a clue as to where I have been, what I have saw, or better yet where my head is at. I know there are ghettos all over the world(I have scuffed my tims thru a few of them), but again you are the one trippin so maybe I struck a nerve.

Is covert racism better than overt racism?

I'm not taking the literature to literally.
    I'm just saying why fight towards an incomplete goal.
    Which methods would truly complete the "mission?"
    before we get into this debate a few questions.....

do you think that Malcom, Elijah, and the Father were racists?
    and if so why?

actually I did not ask you......