Thread: 50 cent is just a scapegoat

VernakuLa

Default 50 cent is just a scapegoat

I've tried to come to a descision here, I've been told that 50 is in fact wack. But then I listen to his underground songs, then I think to myself, "Maybe hes not that bad". Well now I get it, 50 is merely a scapegoat to all of the rappers in hip hop, to diss because they haven't had as much success with him around.

I think this so called, "hating", is totally bias. Hes really not THAT horrible, he is just the face of what is selling, and people are totally against that. They say hip hop is expression through words. 50 puts out mainstream, radio freindly, club anthems, but on other tracks, he can be expressing himself on them. Certainly this means he has to write about life struggles, but lets all not be blind here, HE HAS MONEY. What may I ask, would ex-thugs from the ghetto be thinking about, if they made a multi-platinum selling album? He's in my opinion a success story in this industry, mind you, I'm no fan most of his work, because the only things I hear is about riches. It's something you can't be mad at though, because he lived the street life, so hes rapping about what his mind is on, which is having a large sum of money.

This message of this is that, 50 is every poor person whos gotten very wealthy. Other people criticize him because of his lyrics, but they really are just mad at the industry and why people like him are getting more attention.

Please share your thoughts

peace

I'm not mad at anybody that turned nothin into something. That don't mean I'm about to cop his shit, nawmean. I think a lot of peope dumb-down their lyrics to sale to the masses. Most of that shit I leave on the shelf.

Support the Real. Click HERE

i think i'm high

it's mainly just this fourm that has such a strong hate for 50, other MCs have beef with him because he makes disrespectful comments about other people in the industry, retaliation.

Realness

WuTang is the Foundation smokebongoncliff's Avatar

he used to be good. then he turnd bitch.

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

"power of the dollar" isnt bad , there are many mc's as bad/ worse then him.

I have always liked 50 Cent....like his old shit, like his new shit.....dont really give a fuck what people think

is he the best rapper? nope nowhere close.....does he make some dope club bangers? for sure....does he have some dope street cuts? sure his albums always have some street bangers too.....does he have some dope production? always, usually Dr Dre, Hi Tek, or the best beats money can buy
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

hes decent....just like most commercial rappers; but the thing is most people dont enjoy listenin to the same subject matter (money and wat not)

still standin tall

50 cent is a very decent rapper
    i like his old music, and most of the songs on get rich or die trying are very good.

i think the problem for me is: he's able to make very good music and add something to hiphop, but all he does is make songs that can be played on the radio

and even worse: he kinda destroyed the mobb deep legacy

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

candy shop bein wack is wut don it 4 me

I don't think 50 is a scapegoat at all. When the guy first came out there was a lot of hope, his old stuff was pretty good. Unfortunately he changed direction and went on to make more commercial stuff. If any rapper follows suit and "sells out" then people will criticize them it just happens that 50 is in the media much more than other people hence more negativity.