Thread: A Football question

The Devil's sons Graveyard shift's Avatar

Default A Football question

I'm having an argument with someone about what stat is more indicative to a teams defense prowess: points against or yards against.

I said points against, and somewhere in the argument he brought up a rebutall stating that since points could be scored in special teams and by the opposing defense, that points against isn't a clear indicator.

I brought my arguments and then we came to this:

Is special teams part of a teams defense and offense?

Yards against all the way... the game is all about numbers and if you don't give up yards you don't give up SHIT.

Sometimes that could just be an offense that's dealing w/ a short field^ (interceptions, long punt returns, etc) A team could have a game, not put big numbers and still score an ass-load of points or a team that puts up a bunch of yards but can't get into the endzone and doesn't score a lot of points (Cardinals last year). In short, the points allowed is what matters w/ the D.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Short fields go along with the game being bout numbers... don't give up yards don't give up shit. And yes Special Teams IS defense and it is also offense. Punt Return = Offensive Blocking/Return. Punt = Defensive Tackling/Stopping. It's all bout yards buddy.