Thread: An outsiders inside view of the Ohio State vs Michigan game.

The Devil's sons Graveyard shift's Avatar

Default An outsiders inside view of the Ohio State vs Michigan game.

Unless you're not a sports fan or unless you've been living in a cage the last few weeks, you've most likely heard about the Osu vs Michigan game not once, but multiple times. You've heard the breakdowns of the game, the history of the rivalry, and even about how it's shapping to be the biggest game in sport's history. From the outside looking in, you probably realize how big of a game this is to fans of the both schools and around the nation, but what you can't realize from viewing it from the outside is the feeling in Columbus at this moment.

I happen to be one of the lucky people to be in Columbus right now; I live in Columbus, and let me tell you, I've never in my 22 years of being alive seen anything like this. There's an unmistakable electricity that's flowing through this town. Never have I seen an enviorment been so passionate about one thing, and come together for an event like this. This rivals 9/11 in the feeling of closeness that everyone involved with this feels right now.

This matchup has sparked so much emotion. Since last Satuday, every local news station in Columbus has been giving around the clock coverage to this matchup. This is so rare. Never have I seen sports take up more than 5 minutes of one news program; Hell, I've never seen ANY story take up as much time as this game has taken up in the news.

Yesterday, Thurdsay, the CBS news affiliate here shot their news program across from the Ohio State statdium in front of a crowd of nearly 300 people. The insane thing about this is that it was a Thurdsay night, days before the game, and people were acting like they had just won the lottery; It was amazing. The music group Saving Jane even came down and performed several Ohio State fight songs.

The news coverage went on. Yesterday, at 6 A.M, a few of the news channels went to bars around Columbus to see if anything was going on in them. And what do you know, nearly every single bar in town was jam packed with Michigan and Ohio State fans, yelling cheers and acting drunk off their heads. All this on a Thursday morning!!

It's safe to say that this country has never seen anything like this. The anticipation around this game is so high that many people in Columbus still haven't gotten to sleep yet from last night's partying and anxiety for the game. Hell, I didn't party or nothing, but I could only get two hours of sleep, I'm so excited.

I guess you can say that the general thought going through everyone involved with this is that it's one of the most special events we've ever seen in our lives, and that we may never see anything quite like this again so we're trying to soak up in it and hold on to it for as long as we can. It's quite an event.

- In closing, I can say that I feel bad for people that aren't in these states, Ohio and Michigan, and people that aren't part of this, whether it being a fan of both teams or whatever. This feeling is like no other. The game is nearly 3 hours away and I've been typing my ass off on here. Regardless of the outcome of this game, I think it will be something everyone will remember for the rest of their lives.

I sorta know what you mean, I live in Gainesville, and after the Gators won the National Championship in BBall last year, it was pretty crazy throughout the Final 4. But it prolly wasnt near what it was like for you.

Well at least the game was good, I was goin for OSU.

I hate to tell you, but if they play Florida in the national championship, they'll lose.

Wu Vatican

i was there. it was pretty crazy. but at the same time gay.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.