Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kane and GZA (Afro Samurai track)

Jamal Arief

Who ever told y'all it was a RZA beat? Cause to me it sounds like True Master. And I know he's put in work for the Afro Samurai soundtrack, so it is highly possible that True produced this (IMO great) beat.
    If you want to discuss RZA's style you should better talk about the Q-Tip track, cause that is obviously his work.

Anyway, the track is excellent.

Peace.

excellent track, great to see legends like the kane working with rzaq - he come off good too - should do some more work together

God Ukarema

Some of you dudes are just too young to realize that this track right here is pure hip hop @ its finest.

If you go back in the day, learning from the pioneers or shall I say archetects of this hip hop shit. With groups like, Grandmaster Flash & the furius 5, Sugar Hill Gang, Afrika Bambaataa. Most of the beats back in those times that the mc's were rhyming over were continuous loops. Very simple beats, with the main focal point was the MC just spitten over a track.

With the sounds of the today coming from mainstream rap, alot of you dudes are conditioned to ear more multi-layered beats. This type of shit that RZA did is just raw hip hop. Nothing more nothing less, and if you can't appreciate raw hip hop then obviously you shouldn't be listening to rap music.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ukarema View Post
    Some of you dudes are just too young to realize that this track right here is pure hip hop @ its finest.

If you go back in the day, learning from the pioneers or shall I say archetects of this hip hop shit. With groups like, Grandmaster Flash & the furius 5, Sugar Hill Gang, Afrika Bambaataa. Most of the beats back in those times that the mc's were rhyming over were continuous loops. Very simple beats, with the main focal point was the MC just spitten over a track.

With the sounds of the today coming from mainstream rap, alot of you dudes are conditioned to ear more multi-layered beats. This type of shit that RZA did is just raw hip hop. Nothing more nothing less, and if you can't appreciate raw hip hop then obviously you shouldn't be listening to rap music.
    minimalism is a science. i enjoy these old school beats but not this one fully.i don't fully like it 'cause of its continous loop but cause i feel that this loop isn't self-sufficient.And i remember that these old school beat had often self-sufficient samples & mad rythmics with raw percussions. i don't feel the duo rythmic-percussions used on this track. and IMO this beat is a BAD representative of rawness while not beeing a bad track.
    But i must admit that this track sound way better with bassy cans .
    perhaps i will finally like it more than you all !!!!
    Last edited by jokostyle; 01-03-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Yeah, fire! lukin forward to sum new GZA shit and the BDK collab worked well, beatwise, its aight - dont sound like a RZA beat though!

so much for "looping the same shits for a thousand years"
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"