Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Cancer Cure?

damn, this discussion went from curing cancer to chi energy to weed...

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

wow this thread turned pretty testy..

Slasher, this final post pretty much said it all tho....

Quote Originally Posted by Shropsher_Slasher View Post
    ^^^ Of course I realize this, and those who do profit are good people in the fact that they use this to help people. I'm more along the lines of one who would want the people going to see these various therapists to learn the techniques for themselves, teach thier children, etc. So it won't just be a skill carried be a selected few.

Take the next step. And, only guessing, would that next step be a pursuit in trying to visually convey to people these things??

If so, then know this, I'm not out to start a healing renaissance of sorts. Consider Inspectah Deck's line in "The Grand Prix", "I own many jewels, drop more than I wear. I come in peace, prepared for the warfare.". What I learn is for me first and foremost. Different shovels for the same trench, if you will. So, when someone asks me something regarding disease or ailments, I tell them what I know freely and happily. They're allowed inside my fortress, but I'd never try to make them prisoners. I just tell them and leave them alone. If they want to know more, I tell them more.
    Simple.

Trying to sell something like this to people who need proof is somewhat like trying to convince an atheist that God exists. In everything, some will believe and others won't. Belief seems to be the foundation for everything though. Not to say it's hopeless in the case of people who need to see proof, it's just a lot more difficult and I'd rather spend my time helping the people who already have it in them to seek it out. For now anyway.
    thats it right there....no matter how much you are i or anyone here tries to emphasize the point in as many words (and links) as we can, a dude like Charging Soldier (with all due respect to u CS) will not suddenly say "okay, you are right..maybe it was just me this whole time...weed does open up your chakras" or anything like that...

some people just won't accept this stuff no matter what..

some people won't accept it because it can't be scientifically proven or physically displayed..

im huge into science (you name it: physics, biology, cosmology, etc) but i'm also mad dedicated to alot of spiritual shit and stuff that CAN'T be grasped by science or expirements....its a pretty cool balance actually....when i read about shit like dark matter or the extra physical dimensions or the behavior of things in quantum mechanics it just makes me feel good in a spiritual way....

anyways, i dont like comin to KTL to argue wit peeps...i like comin here to try to learn some interesting shit from u ppl so..keep that up

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier View Post
    You missed my point completely.

If someone could cure cancer from smoking weed, everybody would be doctor.
    Let's try this again....

I never said you could cure cancer from smokin' weed. If you saw that anywhere, then you're brain is more trashed than you originally let on.

I didn' miss your point, because you weren't trying to do anything except make a mockery of what I typed.

For the last time, chi kung has been proven to cure cancer, diabetes and AIDS. A chi kung master that may take a puff here and there could do things that are way beyond your narrow scope of vision. *Please note that nowhere in the above did I say, "Weed cures cancer." or anything of the kind.*
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post

thats it right there....no matter how much you are i or anyone here tries to emphasize the point in as many words (and links) as we can, a dude like Charging Soldier (with all due respect to u CS) will not suddenly say "okay, you are right..maybe it was just me this whole time...weed does open up your chakras" or anything like that...

some people won't accept it because it can't be scientifically proven or physically displayed..

im huge into science (you name it: physics, biology, cosmology, etc) but i'm also mad dedicated to alot of spiritual shit and stuff that CAN'T be grasped by science or expirements....its a pretty cool balance actually....when i read about shit like dark matter or the extra physical dimensions or the behavior of things in quantum mechanics it just makes me feel good in a spiritual way....

anyways, i dont like comin to KTL to argue wit peeps...i like comin here to try to learn some interesting shit from u ppl so..keep that up
    True man. KTL is the one section of the forum that keeps the most static. Certain posts just invite an avalanche of s**t. It's still a dope section despite this and I agree. Let's just keep the knowledge flowin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher
    Perception is never a steady stream, that's insanity, because what you perceive isn't always what you may think it is. Plus, perceptions change constantly. How often have you read a book and taken a different lesson from a sentence you've read numerous times? If your eyes can decieve you, you shouldn't always trust them. Seeing isn't always believing. It's recreating THE WAY you perceive. Since it has to be practically written in crayon, a person may view Saddam's death as wrong and a horrible thing. Another may see it as him getting his just desserts. That's the difference of perception. One sees the surface the other sees the roots. The only time perception is a steady stream, is when one deliberatley dummies themselves down into believing that the only things that are real are those which they can see and touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooz
    just wanna say, this was a dope paragraph.
    man are you being serious?

where does perception start and stop?

tell me when you arent perceiving something

there can be differences - fine

but perception is a steady stream as i said originally - i dont understand how you could say it isnt

you are perceiving this post right now

you are talking about conclusions or something else - but the act of perceiving comes along with consciousness

there is no real foundation for disagreement there
    all the points have been made

the biggest problem occurs when 2 people have different interpretations of a word and then go at lengths talking about 2 different things that dont even pertain to one another

this is a case in point

i have no idea what interpretation of 'perception' was used by Slasher when he was disagreeing with me - but he typed a entire paragraph which does not seem to logically follow from what i typed

so how can a person respond to that?

for all intents and purposes, it destroys the discussion

it is the equivalent of saying 'this grass is green', and the response you get is 'to say this grass is green is insanity. it could be thick or thin depeneding on its location.'

in the first instance - the person interprets 'green' as something relating to color

in the second instance - the person interprets 'green' as something pertaining to width

i spoke of perception as the act of perceiving

it seems obvious that it was not interpreted that way - so the discussion gets side tracked

and the point remains:
    until you can SEE a chakra, and SEE the weed, and see the weed interact with the chakra, and the chakra goes from a closed position to a open position, then the discussion exists in the same realm as a child who 'knows there is a santa claus'

Quote Originally Posted by LHX View Post
    yeah, i've never heard something put like that.

what i think he just said, you're always percieving something, but you're not always percieving everything, and the only way you can be percieving everything is when you limit yourself to being able to percieve only what is right in front of you. I don't think perception ever stops completely.

but perception is a steady stream as i said originally - i dont understand how you could say it isnt

yes, but i probaly missed something. There's no way i could understand everything about this post, even though i've read it numerous times now.

I'm taking the word "percieving" to mean understanding, seeing whatever is at issue from another light. Your post for example, knowing differently (more) who it came from; your mood, a biography, or probaly just reading it harder and knowing exactly what you are meaning to say.

It'd take more then one or two splashes from the stream to completely understand, "percieve", your post.

Am i not understanding what slasher meant?

you are talking about conclusions or something else - but the act of perceiving comes along with consciousness

you're right, i don't think consciousness ever ceases, but i doubt it's ever complete.

While there is no real 'starting point' for perception, my point in saying that perception isn't a steady stream is this....

I take the meaning of 'steady stream' to mean that it has a single channel flowing to one location. This would only be a narrow form of perception, because perception as a whole would be many channels of different depths and lengths flowing to different places. My version of perception is just that except all of the channels I choose navigate toward the same place. Perception isn't just a mental faculty. It also comes from intuitive and moral foundations as well.

Seen from this angle, perception, to me, isn't just a single stream. If so, some parts are shallow and others deep. Some parts may have smooth surfaces or jagged rocks.

i agree - you may not perceive the vastness or depth, but your system of perception is at work 100% of the time

live streaming media

no buffering

the biggest problem occurs when 2 people have different interpretations of a word and then go at lengths talking about 2 different things that dont even pertain to one another

this is a case in point

i have no idea what interpretation of 'perception' was used by Slasher when he was disagreeing with me - but he typed a entire paragraph which does not seem to logically follow from what i typed

so how can a person respond to that?

for all intents and purposes, it destroys the discussion

it is the equivalent of saying 'this grass is green', and the response you get is 'to say this grass is green is insanity. it could be thick or thin depeneding on its location.'

in the first instance - the person interprets 'green' as something relating to color

in the second instance - the person interprets 'green' as something pertaining to width

i spoke of perception as the act of perceiving

it seems obvious that it was not interpreted that way - so the discussion gets side tracked

maybe the irony is that everyone is just bad at explaining themselves?

or the truth is that we often make an ass out of you and me

Wooz - i gotta find a thread for you

i think i posted it here

literally - it has little to do with how well you explain yourself -- especially right now, and especially using the english language

EDIT

fuck i cant find it

the principle is this:

what is interpreted by your words has little to do with you - this is directly linked to the thread about 'the power of attraction'

your words will not be understood by a audience that is not looking for what you are saying

a consideration of both sides has to be made

if you have time, look up the term 'glossolalia'

ill see if i can find what i was looking for
    Last edited by LHX; 02-03-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Here's where i'm coming from:

I've experimented with many different drugs for many years. Mushrooms, weed(all kinds good, bad, laced- you name it), Acid, Exstacy....to name a few. In my years under the influence I would have advocated what's being siad here. Partly because I thought it was true, but in defensive a drug and lifestyle that is always being judged by the greater society.

Before I started expermenting with drugs, and after I quit, i've always been spiritual, traditional person. Meditations in extreme heat and fasting for days without food or water for days at time a in extreme heat is where I'm coming from now.

If anyone here has the expertise to speak on different energies such as chi here, its me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shropsher_Slasher View Post
    Let's try this again....

I never said you could cure cancer from smokin' weed. If you saw that anywhere, then you're brain is more trashed than you originally let on.

I didn' miss your point, because you weren't trying to do anything except make a mockery of what I typed.

For the last time, chi kung has been proven to cure cancer, diabetes and AIDS. A chi kung master that may take a puff here and there could do things that are way beyond your narrow scope of vision. *Please note that nowhere in the above did I say, "Weed cures cancer." or anything of the kind.*
    I know what your saying, and my mind isn't trashed. I apologise for the mockery, sometimes i'm an asshole when i'm trying to make a point.

A heart surgeon can operate on a heart, but would you let him do after smoking some chronic. What if he was operating on your babies heart.

By asserting my scope of vision is narrow is just ludicris.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 02-04-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier View Post

I know what your saying, and my mind isn't trashed. I apologise for the mockery, sometimes i'm an asshole when i'm trying to make a point.

A heart surgeon can operate on a heart, but would you let him do after smoking some chronic. What if he was operating on your babies heart.

By asserting my scope of vision is narrow is just ludicris.
    Apology accepted.

A heart surgeon would be in line with an acupuncturist, niether of which would I allow around me no. But since I was speaking upon the healers who use thier hands instead of needles, I still stand by my original statement. Concentration is a lot more focused if a psychoactive substance is in the system. Wether it be mental, physical or spiritual concentration, it's still a much more profound focus. Someone that knows how to heal with chi kung could probably still do the same things "high" that they could sober. If it were necessary. I wouldn't hand them a bong and say, "Here, try this before you start today." I'm saying that it would not inhibit them from being effective in thier practices..