Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bible

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
    3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
    4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.
    5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
    6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water."
    7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so.
    As with all life, we start from nothing and then we become something.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    As with all life, we start from nothing and then we become something.
    you can't get something from nothing, it don't work that way, so says life.

You'd be surprised how things really work.

Veteran Member

no i don't think i would be...suprise how things really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    you can't get something from nothing, it don't work that way, so says life.
    90% of the universe or more dont quote me- is dark matter. Just because you can't see anything, you call it nothing, but really something is there.
    Break fast is served

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier View Post
    Ok, Pope Jaun Paul-

I just broke down my interpretation of the bible to fit similar stories in Lakota creation, and in a way, i'm strengthening the credibility that the bible has.

There's no riddles here. Just another way of looking at it. How many people can actually interpret the orginal scriptures that these passages were written on? Let that marinate for minute UJ. peace.
    That's my point, you're not supposed to interpret it YOUR way, because it ends up being more along the lines of whatevery mythological fairy tale that you're relating it to. Your "interpretation" would end up leading other people into believing the Greco-Roman idea of God needing a companion from among His Own creation, which makes all of NO sense. Let that marinate.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    the "Law" you speak of wasn't given to everybody, it was given to specific people for specific reasons if you really understand the simple words of god.
    And you said that to say what exactly?

So, Laws that were given such as the 10 Commandments in The Torah, which are also in Qur'an, and "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" which is in The Gospels doesn't relate to 'now'? Or it only relates to The Children of Israel? You got a lot of nerve even mentioning the Word of God, seein' as you think The Most High isn't One, but many and also flesh and blood. It's cool though, contradiction is right and regular around here and I'm used to it. As for the Law, if any of you were to go through the Books the way you're supposed to, you'd see that with a small number of exceptions, God's Law has remained the same ever since it was first recorded by the pen. I know you won't, because for whatever reason, reading all of The Holy Books seems to scare the buh-jeevuz outta most of you. I know because I've read and still do read all of them. The Laws had differences, small differences, to fit the times and people to whom they were sent, but the majority of The Law is the same. The Qur'an is a continuation and an affirmation of the scriptures that went before it, so I've read The Gospels, Psalms, Torah and The Book of Enoch (pbuh). That's what seperates me from most of you, I'm not lookin' for MY truth, I'm lookin' for THE truth. Come to think of it, you're the same one that claimed Moses (pbuh) never led The Children of Israel out of Egypt aren't you?? So Magneto comes in to tell me about The Declaration of Independence. Nice.

Veteran Member

I think he's referring the Jewish claim that they are the only people bound by the law and the rest of the earth only has to follow basic morality.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    A THREAD DEDICATED TO THE STUDY OF THE BIBLE

WHERE EACH SCRIPTURE IS READ THOUROUGHLY

AND EXAMINED BY EACH PARTICIPANT

EACH PARTICIPANT IS TO EXPRESS WHAT IT IS THAT THEY SEE IN EACH SCRIPTURE

THIS IS TO BRING AN UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN EACH PARTICIPANT IN THE COMMUNITY, AND TO DEAD THE RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL BEEFS.

IT CAN WORK WELL IF WE ALL KEEP IT FRESH CLEAN AND CIVILIZED

W.A.R.
    Keep it fresh clean and civilized people. We're getting a little into heresy calling.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    That's my point, you're not supposed to interpret it YOUR way, because it ends up being more along the lines of whatevery mythological fairy tale that you're relating it to. Your "interpretation" would end up leading other people into believing the Greco-Roman idea of God needing a companion from among His Own creation, which makes all of NO sense. Let that marinate.
    Actually, the thread is about interpreting scriputures, the way you understand them to be. If you don't like it- stay the fuck out of the thread and save all that mess for your cadacism class.

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier View Post
    Actually, the thread is about interpreting scriputures, the way you understand them to be. If you don't like it- stay the fuck out of the thread and save all that mess for your cadacism class.
    There's a fine line between interpretation and stupidity. Since you've made it your life's pursuit to violate that boundary, then you should be ready willing and able to recieve the feedback that goes along with it. Just cuz no one else is willing to tell you how dumb that shit sounds doesn't mean that it'll never happen. And no, I can't stand stupidity and I'll call it when I see it, if YOU don't like it change your ways. Don't start that e-gangsta biz again.
    Last edited by Urban_Journalz; 04-11-2007 at 01:54 AM.

On the interpretation bit, doesn't everyone do that to atleast some extent? For instance, I believe that theory of evolution shows proof of its actuality, yet would seem to disagree with what's stated in the Bible. I, however, take it to be an extremely condensed version of what really happened and realize the necessary reasons on why it presented as such.

That would be an interpretation, yes?

Support the Real. Click HERE

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

There's a fine line between interpretation and stupidity. Since you've made it your life's pursuit to violate that boundary, then you should be ready willing and able to recieve the feedback that goes along with it. Just cuz no one else is willing to tell you how dumb that shit sounds doesn't mean that it'll never happen. And no, I can't stand stupidity and I'll call it when I see it, if YOU don't like it change your ways. Don't start that e-gangsta biz again.

What are you contributing here? Nothing. I gave my perspective on som scriptures, and you get emotional. Don't start that emo thug shit again. Grow up from your adolecent mind set, and start making your own conclusions.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    90% of the universe or more dont quote me- is dark matter. Just because you can't see anything, you call it nothing, but really something is there.
    is dark matter matter? is matter something? can all matter be seen with the naked eye? can you create/make something from nothing?

Veteran Member

So, Laws that were given such as the 10 Commandments in The Torah, which are also in Qur'an, and "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" which is in The Gospels doesn't relate to 'now'?
    for some they do relate for others they don't. example: martin luther king jr. non-violent philosphy...no tooth for a tooth eye for an eye for that man then you have malcom x for self defense, against that non-violent philo.

those principles can be applied in this day and time, however those laws were given to a specific group of people at a specific time period. maybe the bible isn't as clear as you think it is.

Or it only relates to The Children of Israel? You got a lot of nerve even mentioning the Word of God, seein' as you think The Most High isn't One, but many and also flesh and blood.
    You don't know what I believe, I will let you know what I know though.

The most high, god, allah is one and it's the supreme being blackman from asia.

As it is said is psalm 82:6 I said ye are GODS!!!!

It's cool though, contradiction is right and regular around here and I'm used to it.
    just as long as you recognize

As for the Law, if any of you were to go through the Books the way you're supposed to, you'd see that with a small number of exceptions, God's Law has remained the same ever since it was first recorded by the pen.
    the author of quran and the bible is the original man, the blackman so within his writing there will be a reflection of his high moral standards regardless of whom a certain law was given, it'll still reflect that lever of a high(er) standard of morality and ethics and things of that nature.

I know you won't, because for whatever reason, reading all of The Holy Books seems to scare the buh-jeevuz outta most of you. I know because I've read and still do read all of them.
    you're the only one who does that right?

The Laws had differences, small differences, to fit the times and people to whom they were sent, but the majority of The Law is the same.
    it's been thousands of years since the time moses gave his people (caucasians) their law. alot of things then ain't relevent anymore.

The Qur'an is a continuation and an affirmation of the scriptures that went before it, so I've read The Gospels, Psalms, Torah and The Book of Enoch (pbuh). That's what seperates me from most of you, I'm not lookin' for MY truth, I'm lookin' for THE truth.
    well what seperated me from you is you're still searching for The Truth and I already know it. keep searching, but you won't find it in a book.

Come to think of it, you're the same one that claimed Moses (pbuh) never led The Children of Israel out of Egypt aren't you??
    am I?