Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detriot is overrated....they have been.

Banned

IM not talking about the pistons of the late eighties...im talking about his team right now..the Billups, Hamilton Pistons....good team, but not a great classic, go down in history team...

And yes, I am from Cleveland. And yes I still think they are overrated by the media pundits.

the pistons are like a machine, all the players do their job and they do it good. this detroit machine is soo well drilled when one player is playing bad the others step up. the bench is strong as well. detroit would have been a classic team if they drafted, bosh, melo or wade instead of darko. for now they are a very good team.

Banned

I agree...they fucked up their dynasty. Bosh would have been the best fit for them..but then again, everyone was saying Darko this and Darko that. But yes, they are just a very good team. If they win it allthis year, which I predict won't happen, they could be considered a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN88 View Post
    detroit is the only team in the east that can win championships. the east is weak now, and is gonna be much weaker next season. Detroit do enough to win.
    its pathetic how the east is weak like that
    the west killed the east in the allstar game

detroit is gonna win it this year
    san antonio cant handle detroit

cleveland just doesnt jump on its opportunities
    to beat detroit
    the last game they couldve easily won it but they decided to play some volleyball in the dieing seconds

utah and spurs are boring teams but they get the job done

Banned

The All Star game is not an indication of anything. The West aside from San antonio and Utah, the two teams still in it, does not play the kind of D the east does. So how come the Suns are never in the Finals??? They don't D up. You dont need five all stars on a team averaging 20 pts each.

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    The All Star game is not an indication of anything. The West aside from San antonio and Utah, the two teams still in it, does not play the kind of D the east does. So how come the Suns are never in the Finals??? They don't D up. You dont need five all stars on a team averaging 20 pts each.
    ya talkin about defense in the west? what about Houston (92.1 ppg opponents)? what about Dallas (92.9 ppg opponent)?

oh and by the way -- Utah allowed 98.6ppg by their opponents in the regular season, so they defensively suck -- do your fuckin homework and stop talkin like you know anything about this game

Wu Vatican

i think the suns would have beaten every team in the league except for the spurs, who needed help from the comish to beat them, shame they met up in the 2nd round.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Illegitimate Devil View Post
    ya talkin about defense in the west? what about Houston (92.1 ppg opponents)? what about Dallas (92.9 ppg opponent)?

oh and by the way -- Utah allowed 98.6ppg by their opponents in the regular season, so they defensively suck -- do your fuckin homework and stop talkin like you know anything about this game
    PPG by opponent is not always an indication of how good your defense is. Plus you have to factor who you play. All I said was that the Suns dont play defense and the West as a whole doesnt play it as well as the East.

Dont get mad devil.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Chauncey needs to get his shit together. We are really letting this series get out of hand.

Im not to upset tho cause I won some nice cash on the game going over 172, so just a lil pissed.

Lol, did anyone see Rasheed throw his jersey and hittin that dude in the face?

Banned

People keep hating on the Cavs saying Detroit is just going thru the motion BUT if they didnt take the Cavs seriously that means that they arent a great team because the Cavs took them to 7 last year.

Detroit is good, but they don't have any 'great' players who can dominate down the stretch. They have guys that make shots, but Billups and Hamilton have shot terribly...Cleveland is a big physical team that frustrates the Pistons. Pavlovic and Varajao do a good job of getting under their skin.

People who said Detroit would dominate the Cavs and it wouldnt be a series obviously didnt actually watch the games last year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Chauncey needs to get his shit together. We are really letting this series get out of hand.

Im not to upset tho cause I won some nice cash on the game going over 172, so just a lil pissed.

Lol, did anyone see Rasheed throw his jersey and hittin that dude in the face?
    You guys need to stop being so cocky and overconfident, especially when your playing the 2 seed whose top player is LeBron James.

Banned

But yea, Rasheed whipped that jersey...he could win a jersey toss competition. That guy was lucky tho, he'll get some money for that on ebay.

theyre a monstrous team no doubt
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video