Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why do civil rights groups keep sticking up for Michael Vick?

Default Why do civil rights groups keep sticking up for Michael Vick?

First the NACCP, and now this other group, which is honoring him by saying that he's a tremendous person. The charges against him have nothing to do with the color of his skin. I get tired of when some people try to make it out to be like that. He definitely looks hella guilty, and there's a very good chance that he's going to be found guilty. It just makes groups look stupid when they try and give the guy an award right now.

short answer? because they care more about people than animals

It's making the groups/organizations look bad.

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

They're sticking up for him for the same reason that others are finding him guilty before the court case even assembles; because he's BLACK!

There is pain in being Black in America that no-one will ever understand unless they are Black in America. I know that others have been through the grind but not ours and we haven't been through theirs. So wear the shoe first.

All of this is so unfortunate. A few families in the world has everyone arguing over a phenotype.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
    They're sticking up for him for the same reason that others are finding him guilty before the court case even assembles; because he's BLACK!

There is pain in being Black in America that no-one will ever understand unless they are Black in America. I know that others have been through the grind but not ours and we haven't been through theirs. So wear the shoe first.

All of this is so unfortunate. A few families in the world has everyone arguing over a phenotype.

:-/

Okay.....but who's fault is that? It's Michael Vick's fault. He's the one that decided to dog fight while making very good money in a career in FOORBALL! He knew that he would get caught doing this b.s. sooner or later. He knew by fighting dogs and being a black person in America, the media will have a field day with him and what his is doing. So, please don't blame America for his actions because he's a grow man that is a great football player and he deicded to fight dogs (pitbulls) for money. It's bad enough that in the black ghettos, there is a large poplution of pitbulls and you know that.

So, what does something like this do to blacks? It just adds one more stereotype in the pot for us. Remember that our negativity has to remain at a high than other races. It's all about phenotype. Again, please don't give that "It's because he's black" b.s. because he knows, you know, I know, and everybody else knows that if a black man in America fucks up BIG time, he'll get smashed by the media and punished for it.

Michael Vick should be cut from the NFL and locked up for what he did. He f***** up.....and it's his own damn fault for being a dickhead.

Thanks.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 08-07-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

All I'm saying is that people "should" hold judgement and that so-called civil rights organizations are on his side for the same reason that "others" are against him; his phenotype.

If he's guilty then let karma be his judge, cause man has already convicted him.

It is skin off my back but not just cause he's black. The issue is with him and who ever he was involved with. The media and this materialistic culture imposes his issue on others. Fair is fair and many people attempt to interpret what fair is. So go ahead and throw the first stone.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
    All I'm saying is that people "should" hold judgement and that so-called civil rights organizations are on his side for the same reason that "others" are against him; his phenotype.

If he's guilty then let karma be his judge, cause man has already convicted him.

It is skin off my back but not just cause he's black. The issue is with him and who ever he was involved with. The media and this materialistic culture imposes his issue on others. Fair is fair and many people attempt to interpret what fair is. So go ahead and throw the first stone.
    So, if Michael Vick was mexican, white, chiniese, or some other race, it would be okay for him to do what he did? But when a black person does something like what Michael Vick did, it's not okay? And therefore, he should be punished just because he's black?

You're right on one thing, and that is America will judge you by a person's phenotype. That's what America is mostly about: money and phenotype. I'm not going to go into great detail about this subject but I see how all this works.

But Michael Vick knew what he was doing and he should receive the maxium punishment. Now, you're saying that just because he's black, people in America should take it easy on him. The man use pitbulls to fight so he could profit off it. White, black, asian, indian, whatever. It doesn't matter what the person's race is. If you do a crime, damnit, you should do the time.

Michael Vick KNEW what he was doing.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 08-07-2007 at 01:22 PM.

I don't think that holds true for this case. It wouldn't matter what color Vick was, he would still be held in the same negative viewpoint. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, albino, or whatever... if you do something despicable like dogfighting, and torturing and killing the dogs that lose, you deserve to have the book thrown at you. People aren't finding him guilty cause he's black. People are finding him guilty, cause he is guilty. It's not that hard to see that he's guilty. There is a big dogfighting ring going out at one of his houses, and he wouldn't know about it all? lol His career will most likely be over. And the sponsers are doing the right thing by taking their sponserships away from him. Not everything in this world is racial.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I don't think that holds true for this case. It wouldn't matter what color Vick was, he would still be held in the same negative viewpoint. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, albino, or whatever... if you do something despicable like dogfighting, and torturing and killing the dogs that lose, you deserve to have the book thrown at you. People aren't finding him guilty cause he's black. People are finding him guilty, cause he is guilty. It's not that hard to see that he's guilty. There is a big dogfighting ring going out at one of his houses, and he wouldn't know about it all? lol His career will most likely be over. And the sponsers are doing the right thing by taking their sponserships away from him. Not everything in this world is racial.
    ^^Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    So, if Michael Vick was mexican, white, chiniese, or some other race, it would be okay for him to do what he did? But when a black person does something like what Michael Vick did, it's not okay? And therefore, he should be punished just because he's black?

You're right on one thing, and that is America will judge you by a person's phenotype. That's what America is mostly about: money and phenotype. I'm not going to go into great detail about this subject but I see how all this works.

But Michael Vick knew what he was doing and he should receive the maxium punishment. Now, you're saying that just because he's black, people in America should take it easy on him. The man use pitbulls to fight so he could profit off it. White, black, asian, indian, whatever. It doesn't matter what the person's race is. If you do a crime, damnit, you should do the time.

Michael Vick KNEW what he was doing.
    I'm not saying that we shouldn't do or say anything cause he's black. I'm saying that he hasn't been found guilty of anything. Plus, if you want to be real about it... where did those breeds of dogs come from? Spain kills bulls, some people beat monkeys over the head until they die and eat their brains. Who's right and who's wrong... oh I forgot it aint' where you from it's where you at.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not defending a black man for the sake of him being black. Hell when I was young most of my neighbors use to fight their pits and what not, so what am I now, a criminal. People fight chickens, beetles, etc.

If Mike did it he should serve the punishment of the land. The entire ring should suffer as well. It's no way that they can dig into him without digging into many others. I wonder who else is envolved. I'm not for snitching, but the fuzz isn't just going to get his scent on this trail.

Keep it moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by check two
    People aren't finding him guilty cause he's black.
    U initially asked why civil rights organizations are defending him not finding him guilty. If you're talking civil rights then of course race has a factor in this land.

Wu Vatican

Those 3 white kids from duke weren't convicted in the media right when that shit happend? Come on man, they were upscale rich white kids going to a high end school. They were found guilty before they ever stepped in a court room. Season canceled, kicked out of school, ostrasized by the media and public. And in the end it came out that the girl lied.

What side of that debate were you on? The side of rightousness? Or of the poor black girl who accused three rich white boys of rape?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Those 3 white kids from duke weren't convicted in the media right when that shit happend? Come on man, they were upscale rich white kids going to a high end school. They were found guilty before they ever stepped in a court room. Season canceled, kicked out of school, ostrasized by the media and public. And in the end it came out that the girl lied.

What side of that debate were you on? The side of rightousness? Or of the poor black girl who accused three rich white boys of rape?
    I didn't know it was a black girl that accused them of raping her. Wow. As your comment, I agree with you 100% on this one. It doesn't matter what race you are because most Americas will think a person is guilty just because the media accuses them of doing a crime before a person is found innocent or guilty.

i personally feel it's because the black man is god.

whitey: great counterexample

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    It doesn't matter what race you are because most Americans will think a person is guilty just because the media accuses them of doing a crime before a person is found innocent or guilty.
    rushing to judgment is not a trait exclusive to americans or our media.

and if anything, when it comes to preserving the assumption of innocence for the accused, our legal system is among the best in the world. in spite of all the hysteria, vick will eventually be tried in front of a jury of his peers, all of whom will have been carefully selected to mitigate biases by lawyers from both sides. the trial will be presided over by a judge who will actively protect the defendant's rights by deciding what evidence can and cannot be presented. the jurors will remain sequestered throughout the duration of the trial and if one is exposed to any outside information regarding the case, he/she will be dismissed and replaced. it's not a perfect system, but it's a lot better than most others.

oh and the vick controversy has nothing to do with race and everything to do with how bored, lazy people crave something stupid to talk about. dog-fighting all-star football players are just as much game as head-shaving former pop princesses.

more akbar

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I don't know if he is guilty but no one can deny its common for people who grow up impoverished not being able to let go of their old bad ways and adapt to a new lifestyle . In no way am I making excuses for him. This is just an observation I've witnessed time and time again.

"You can take a person out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the person."

The media is certainly painted a picture of a horrible person abusive to animals and M.Vicks so-called friends turning on him doesn't help his case. We shall see.