Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointing Gza NYC concert news

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

yea its caNCLED BUT GZA WILL DO THE ENTIRE LIQUID SWORDZ IN DECEMBER 4TH

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by junius View Post
    compare any GZA appearance to almost any Boot Camp Clik group or solo show & it's a fucking joke (tho' Priest can definitely bring it). GZA's still a great lyricist but...

what was it, the weed?
    Sadly, it could just be that he's basically a middle aged man now. Maybe he's lost his energy with age. The guy is 41 after all (and you don't hear from many 41 year old rappers).

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

PRODIGAL SUN

Chuck D? KRS-One? LOTS of rock, soul, African, Indian etc etc musicans... If it's GZA's health, I don't want to criticize him but if it's just being lazy-- which we could say is a mental health problem for a performer-- then... it's a shame.

Unless ya'll are cool with seeing what's probably going to be a train wreck unless Priest does the whole thing... save yr $$$ for something else.

The fact that they gave no reason the first time makes me extra suspicious.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Hey I'm not sure what GZA performance you are talking about (too lazy to go back and read this thread) ... But let me tell you all... Dude can still BRING IT ... and this is regarding this past June 5th show at Webster Hall in NYC (GZA & Meth) .... GZA did the first part of that show and he fuckin rocked it... He had Cappachino on stage with him for a couple songs ... But GZA performed a good portion of the Liquid Swords album and that shit ROCKed. ... no lie....

BUT... I can understand the opposite view-points.. When I saw the whole Wu last August, 2006 at Webster hall in NYC... GZA was way too laid back and went practically un-noticed... So I guess it depends...

Conclusion: GZA can still rock a show ... But he doesn't rock 100% of the time he's on stage ... I guess it depends..

Conclusion part II: December 13th and 14th at the Knitting Factory in NYC will be DOPE... Liquid Swords ... SSSUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Holla back

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Ywah, I've only seen GZA recently at the Wu show in London recently and he was cool but didn't drop as much as others. Before that, I've seen GZA about 4 times over the last 5 yuears or so and he's always been quality, with great command of the crowd.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

GZA put up his mic and left the stage like 5 minutes early at the Rock the Bells performance in miami.. True he didn't have any more verses but he left...