Thread: London Sports Fan

Veteran Member

Default London Sports Fan

I Got A Few Questions About The NFL Game Thats Going On This Sunday.

Anyone From London Going To The Game New York Giants Vs. Miami Dolphins?

Is There A Buzz Or Much Talk About The Game At All?

Are People Going Into It With Open Minds Or Just Saying Fuck That Shit They Stole The Name Football From Soccer?

Also If There Is Any Football Fans In London Are There More Giants Fans Or Dolphin Fans And If Your Going Who Do You Plan To Root For?

Will People Root For The Dolphins Because There The "Home Team"?
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Once they see our D-Line roughing up Lemon they'll be doing soccer chants getting rowdy as hell. Good questions though, I'm also interested..

i am actually going, im not interested in NFL in anyway but a friend kinda is, so he bought tickets and i said i might as well go. not a lot of ppl get a chance to go to Wembley Stadium. it really is an awesome stadium.

there is a small buzz about the game but nothing big. the NFL has done a lot of promotional work here in London to try and get ppl into it. but American Football is a sport that Europe will never be interested in. I think its a sell out but thats cause ppl jus curious about the game.

and i will probably go and support the Miami Dolphins. i will try and get a Miami chant going. so if you hear it, i probably started it.

The AFL went there and there was a fucking MASSIVE brawl, it was great stuff. The english people in the crowd were like "the fuck is this sport?" haha

Teachin Da SeedZ

Veteran Member

Thats Cool Going To Sporting Events Are Always Good Even If You Dont Have Intrest For The Game Before Hand. Your Going To More Giants Games Then I Am This Year But Why Would You Root For The 0-7 Dolphins Over The Classiest Orgnazation The New York Football Giants. Oh And Osi Umenoryia A DE For The Giants Is Tied For The Most Sacks In The League Was Born And Grew Up For Awhile In London.

Are You Tailgaiting At The Game Basically Crackin The Beers Breaking Out The BBQ In The Parking Lot It's A Past Time At NFL Stadiums?

Hahaha I'd Be Dyin If The Giants Are Playing And The Whole Crowd Is Brawlin As Long As There Not Throwin Shit At The Giants That Is.

Quote Originally Posted by baby jesus View Post
    Thats Cool Going To Sporting Events Are Always Good Even If You Dont Have Intrest For The Game Before Hand. Your Going To More Giants Games Then I Am This Year But Why Would You Root For The 0-7 Dolphins Over The Classiest Orgnazation The New York Football Giants. Oh And Osi Umenoryia A DE For The Giants Is Tied For The Most Sacks In The League Was Born And Grew Up For Awhile In London.

Are You Tailgaiting At The Game Basically Crackin The Beers Breaking Out The BBQ In The Parking Lot It's A Past Time At NFL Stadiums?

Hahaha I'd Be Dyin If The Giants Are Playing And The Whole Crowd Is Brawlin As Long As There Not Throwin Shit At The Giants That Is.
    Miami as a city gets lots of love over here, so thats why im supporting the Dolphins, i dnt care how shit they are. plus supporting the Giants jus cause they a better team would be deemed as glory hunting over here. 0-7 though man the Dolphins must suck.

nah wont be tailgating cause cracking beers and a bbq in the parking lot especially at Wembley i think is illegal.

i jus got back from the game. the fact that is was raining was pretty gay, Wembley has a roof i dnt kno why they didnt cover the stadium. it finished 13-10 to the giants as most ppl expected. the stadium sold out and the crowd were into it at points. but there were a lot of ppl who were jus confused and bored. i aint gonna lie when i say that i was more interested in the dolphins cheerleaders than the actual game.

i dnt think American football will ever be big in europe. it looks fun to play, i wouldnt mind giving it a go. but as to watching it, its stops too many times. you cant get into it, the games to slow in a sense. especially when you got a wet turf, and Wembleys turf is brand new it broke up very easily. we barely saw any runs in the game. players jus fell over.

anyway it was a good experience though. They thinking of bringing a couple more nfl seasons games to europe and even a superbowl game. seems the nfl is trying real hard to crack the euro market.

Veteran Member

Yeah The Rain Made It A Pretty Sloppy And Boring Game. I Personally Think Football Is More Of A Game Made For Tv While Most Other Sports Are Better Live. The Fans Seemed Into It Especially Anything To Do With Kicking Like Kickoffs, Punts, And Field Goals. It Was Funny When They Booed The Giants For Running Out The Clock Though.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Apparently from the ticket demand, it could have sold out Wembley 10 times over! Some people must have been interested.

I used to watch NFL a fair bit on Five. Good thing was I'd record it as it was on in the middle of the night, and that allowed me to fast forward through all the bloody bits where they're just standing around etc.

On the subject of Wembley - beautiful stadium! Was at England vs Israel and England vs Estonia most recently.

I still kinda follow the Giants (plus the Rangers, Knicks and Mets), although I have a soft spot for the Bears as well as I had American students staying in my house as a kid and they used to give me and my brothers Bears t-shirts and so on as gifts.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 10-29-2007 at 06:35 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

I would have liked to have gone but I missed my opportunity. I always wanted to go to one of these american sporting event's. I've been to Miami and I have a Dolphins top so I would have rooted for them.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man