Thread: my feeling about the Wu

Original Nastukao Bucellito 136's Avatar

Default my feeling about the Wu

first of all i don't wanna hate on _ Diagrams cuz i think it's great but there is something that comes to my mind when i'm listening to the wu since the W.
    i think they're all so far from enter the 36th chamber
    of course all the mc's made a bunch of classics since this album but today it seems that something changed inside of them. When you were listening to 36th Chamber, you could hear raw inside of each member. the flow were aggressive most of the time and you could feel something from each verse. now it seems that this raw has gone. i don't mean they're weak ( cuz i think they're still on top of the game) but from my point of view , the whole group changed deeply. is that because of money, success or just because they grew up since that time or something else?
    everybody has his own point of view about it and i can't explain that thing. all i wanted to say is that the wu is not what it used to be anymore even though they keep making great bangas and they are still the best from my point of view
    fuck all the new rappers like lil wayne, dipset and others
    Wu tang will be the greatest for ever
    peace y'all

well said

there's 3 factors to this..

most of them were on cocaine when that album was made

most rappers first albums will be their best and most convicted because they've had since the day they started rhyming till the day the get signed to plan how it's going to be and memorize the rhymes so that you deliever them to perfection.

they take themselves too seriously now.

That's what i hate. You'll never again hear Gza saying "awwww human pheces" or meth going "Su-pa-SpeeEeErmm...check it!". When i first got the album my first thought was "why's everyone trying to sound like ODB"... They weren't lyrically at their best, but they were still flawless. You can tell they came in the booth thinking "aight we're gonna smash this rap shit"

now most of them
    Rae
    Gza (whom im sure doesn't even wanna rap anymore)
    meth
    rza
    take themselves too seriously to every simplify their rhymes and give it to you raw...IM TALKING TO YOU METH...quit all this timberland and timberlake shit and spit that Yippy Yippy Yaw Yippy yah yippy yo

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    Yippy Yippy Yaw Yippy yah yippy yo
    word.
    bring back begongo!!

Co-sign with everything SA said. Since Forever, i always thought Wu took themselves too seriously. Rae took his whole slang coke rap thing too seriously, and listen to the difference in GZA on Words from the Genius.

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    word.
    word x2

Original Nastukao Bucellito 136's Avatar

i agree with you SA they now take themselves too seriously and it's like they don't have the need of anything
    they used to keep it raw on some wu tang forever tracks but after that it has all gone
    Peace

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Co-sign with everything SA said. Since Forever, i always thought Wu took themselves too seriously. Rae took his whole slang coke rap thing too seriously, and listen to the difference in GZA on Words from the Genius.
    Words from the Genius? I don't get it....first u talk about post-Forever shit, then u mention GZA's first joint...

yeah, RZA and Ghost were the 'loudest' after Forever
    bring back begongo!!