Thread: Soccer

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Holy fuck we deserved to lose that game played terrible. Felt happy for modrich that he scored in the shoot out. Next up Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

frank, what country are you reppin? Kazakhstan?

That was an important win for Croatia though. With Spain out they now have a legit chance of making the final. The path is open. Same can be said for all the teams on that side of the draw. England will never get an opportunity like this, neither will Colombia, Switzerland and Sweden.

As for Spain, well I didn't think sacking the manager would effect such an experienced side but it did. They had no plan B, they just passed and passed and passed. They did nothing other than that. Didn't even try to get the ball to Diego Costa, it was a ridiculous display of football. I ain't gonna praise Russia for having 10 men behind the ball and not passing the half way line. Spain made over 1000 passes in that game and Russia barely made it over 200. The 2 best passing teams in international football Spain and Germany out before the quarter finals. Tiki taka or obsessive possession football just doesn't work. Guardiola gets it to work in domestic leagues, but Bayern & Man city have been failing in Europe. Barcelona the same. Just defend against it and hope they make a mistake, which they always do. Spain didn't even try to add width to their game, get the ball out wide and put some crosses in for Costa. Whenever someone made a run, the guy on the ball would stop, cut it inside and pass sideways or backwards and they did this for 120 minutes. It's sad that so many good teams on paper have been knocked out by such negative football but they have brought it on themselves.

Shaolin Student

I feel bad for Denmark, great keeper but lousy penalty shooters. I guess Subasic got in their head acting like an idiot before the shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RIG BROCK View Post
    frank, what country are you reppin? Kazakhstan?
    I wish. Just a stupid country instead of
    Allah is my bitch
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.

Missed the Belgium-Japan game (I was at the theater) but I heard it was a real thriller. Gonna watch it tomorrow.

So next up is Belgium-Brazil...
    Retired.

Wow
    Belgium really put on the jets to win that game
    I really thought japan had them beat !!

Its an odd world cup
    The popular teams have crashed out.

Brazil i feel hasnt been tested
    It all depends which belgium shows up to play.
    France and Uruguay is a good match up.
    I think Uruguay can win if they keep playing the way they are.

On the other side of the bracket i see england making it to the finals if they play their cards right.

Its really a tough world cup to call.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Just caught up with the Belgium-Japan game. Wow our defense was shit (again). If the team play like that against Brazil they're gonna lose. Vertonghen and Carrasco were the weak spots this time around. Hazard was covered well by the Japanese.

IF we get our defense right it could go either way against Brazil. Exciting!

Btw major kudos to the Japanese. They played really well
    Retired.

Shaolin Student

German technocracy at its best: Loew will stay coach. Ridiculous.

Uruguay vs France - Uruguay
    Brazil vs Belgium - Belgium
    England vs Sweden - Sweden
    Croatia vs Russia - Croatia

That's my picks
    Allah is my bitch

Tough luck for Colombia but they were never gonna win without James Rodriguez. I didn't understand their aggression in the game though, it was uncalled for and it put them off rather England. As for England they didn't create a single chance in open play. they have scored 9 goals and 7 have been from set plays, 3 being penalties. I don't think they are as good as people make out. But you know 'its coming home'.

Croatia are actually the strongest side on that side of the draw, they just need to mentally be strong and play their game. There isn't a midfield in the tournament that can match Modric and Rakitic. they should beat Russia.

they saying Cavani injured but if he plays I think Uruguay will beat France. If he doesn't then France will go through.

I'm gonna put Belgium over Brazil. Martinez just has to play De Bruyne in a more attacking role. Take out witsel or Carrasco. Dare I say start with Fellaini because in the 2 games he has played he has looked good. but its Brazil so anything can happen but I don't rate this Brazilian side as highly as overs. Neymars not been that great, its Paulinho, Willian and Coutinho you have been there stars. Gabriel Jesus has been missing so far.

England - Sweden. This Swedish team put out the Dutch, the Italians, nearly put out the Germans themselves and destroyed a decent Mexican side. I won't be surprised if they beat England. They look solid as a rock.

*cues Cube's 'Today was a good day'*

#teambelgium #reddevils
    Retired.

People seemed surprised by it but Belgium going through is normal to me. Everything I wrote above Martinez did, so either him or Henry are reading this stuff lol. First half Belgium were supreme probably the best piece of football they have ever played. The only mistakes were i thought just before Brazil scored he should have brought on Dembele or Tielemans to replace Fellaini or Witsel. They were just gassed by then and couldn't get the ball out.

Brazil did all they could but I think this was in the end the limit for this team. Neymar just isn't a Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zico or Socrates, he just doesn't have that flair that match winning capability. Nobody likes him either. No point in diving when theres VAR. He already had one penalty taken away from him thanks to VAR, didn't matter if the ref gave the penalty it would have been cancelled because of VAR. On that note though the foul on Jesus for me was a penalty, don't know what the refs were thinking there. Maybe the ball was on its way out of play, i dunno but thats a penalty. Brazil used to be everyones second team, the favourites for neutrals but for the past 2 tournaments they just aren't anywhere near the Brazil sides of before. They aren't a likeable team anymore.

Uruguay had become my favourites but no Cavani means their entire gameplan just disappears. He is everything for them, their number 10, their number 9, their left back at times. The guy is that good. They just don't have replacements or a plan B. Massive mistake from Muslera to, usually a really good goalie but for the past 2 seasons in the Turkish league he has made quite a few mistakes like that. It was coming.

Just the Euro teams left now as well. The technical capability of the south American sides, or the physical strength of the African teams don't mean much anymore. Tactical discipline, defensive and direct football is winning games now, something all the Euro teams are doing.

Belgium wasnt a surprise for me. I think Belgium beat France too. Hope croatia go well tomorrow I dunno what the fuck if we lose to Russia. Fuckin lukaku left me high and dry not scoring
    Allah is my bitch

And Neymar shouldve got double yellows for simulation. That cunt is annoying
    Allah is my bitch