Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you remember Proof today?

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Will you remember Proof today?

Five years ago today we lost a Detroit legend; Proof of D12; who pretty much made Eminem.
    It is pretty obvious by now how influential he was in bringing Eminem to the top and his impact on hiphop culture in Detroit. That night five years ago when he made a decision that ultimately ended up costing him his life has had major repercussions for anybody that knew him and for us fans that loved his music. His murderer I have heard supposed to be doing five years for having a concealed weapon and discharging a weapon inside of a building; but a Judge determined that he was acting in lawful defense of another man.

One thing I'll never understand is why he never got signed to Shady Records as a solo artist. He was obviously one of Eminem's main inspirations and a brilliant emcee who just needed the right guidance for his albums.

He was also a close friend with J Dilla and made tacks with him in the 90's. A shame they both died before they ever really got going.
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

He wanted to establish his own brand with Iron Fist records and did not want to use his Eminem affiliation to help himself sell records; Bizarre also stated that as the reason he went independent for his l.p.'s.

thats true...^^^ i was talking to supa emcee via myspace lol and he hit me up with that story
    he was gonna be on the 2nd wu corp mixtape till proof passed

Banned

proof was fuckin dope...

one of the best hypemen of all time... perfect timing/master fill ins/crazy energy

the way he and marshall rocked the stage was crazy...

and its why marshall looks LOST performing live now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proofs debut album had some fuckin joints...

KURT KOBAIN joint.. showed his potential fully realized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and he bodied every record he featured on, was hangin in with prime em on devils night...

could show up to a radio station and freestyle some shit you couldnt write, knew how to spark the cipher and rock the mic...

alot of those classic sessions, started with proof...

i wanted to see proof/obie/slim/royce do some shit... thatd put slaughterhouse to SLEEP!!!!!!

his body of work just isnt there... i dont think we got a chance to hear his best work...

grimey ass voice + freestyle skills off the chart + real hip hop pedigree + dope live = real live nigga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel that proof's lp was mad slept on...i was banging that joint all year when it dropped

was supposed to bee another lp dropping..he was almost done and word like 2 years ago or so was it was gonna get a street date...dont know what happen to that

Banned

yeah that album was dope...

i liked that he put it out indy...

cuz proof was a street legend, before he was em's hypeman...

he coulda had the works... SHADY promo, eminem lead single, dre beats, whatever...

he just put it out there and let it speak for itself... dope little album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he got a bulk of unreleased shit thats real dope...

still a lot of em fans that just remember as him as another one of the guys in slims group...

he was THE guy!!!!!!!!!!!

imo, there is no eminem without proof.

proof was a foundations emcee, straight back to basics by rippin mics, immaculate flows, and overall energy. proof was a live emcee, you see shows on youtube or whatever, dude is just always apparent.

proof never got the shine he deserved cause he never took it himself. as far as i know thats how he wanted it. dont think he cared to ride em coat tails and he didnt have to.

another humble, underrated emcee we lost.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    proof was fuckin dope...

one of the best hypemen of all time... perfect timing/master fill ins/crazy energy

the way he and marshall rocked the stage was crazy...

and its why marshall looks LOST performing live now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proofs debut album had some fuckin joints...

KURT KOBAIN joint.. showed his potential fully realized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and he bodied every record he featured on, was hangin in with prime em on devils night...

could show up to a radio station and freestyle some shit you couldnt write, knew how to spark the cipher and rock the mic...

alot of those classic sessions, started with proof...

i wanted to see proof/obie/slim/royce do some shit... thatd put slaughterhouse to SLEEP!!!!!!

his body of work just isnt there... i dont think we got a chance to hear his best work...

grimey ass voice + freestyle skills off the chart + real hip hop pedigree + dope live = real live nigga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Couldn't have said it better, ill track btw. Dude is up there with the greats, only certain heads would know. R.I.P Big Proof

Last edited by Wh0am3ye?; 04-11-2011 at 11:59 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

this is my shit right here

New unreleased track with him and J Dilla:

http://bunyanchopshop.blogspot.com/2...f-dilla-2.html
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

anyone hear the album time forgot with the 5 elementz?

Rest In Peace to Proof eight years later. Detroit legend.

A decade later, we remember a Detroit legend who helped to cultivate one of greatest emcees of all time. He left this world ten years ago knowing that his place in hip hop history was solidified.

nada ignorante

Proof is pretty nice, however he was never officially part of D12.
    N.I.