Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warcloud/holocaust-Alcatraz jigsaw puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    well Im think Im going to let the mystery of the Alkatraz Jigsaw Puzzle remain, I don't want to be the one to spoil it.

Thanks for the additional info Lotec, intriguing. Shaka claims this is how Holo wanted it, then again Shaka is also the one who put that "Signature of Solitude" tune on the CD version of The Nightmares Resurface CD Re-Issue, which I believe isn't even Holo, but an old tune that has been on youtube etc for years by a Holo soundalike, and the tune has been replaced on the digital version for "Solice of Solitude", haha.
    I love a bit of mystery with Warcloud though, just adds to the myth, and makes tracking down all his works even more rewarding for the listeners who appreciate him.

PRODIGAL SUN

He should release physical copies of this album

Quote Originally Posted by Sha Bo 2 View Post
    Thanks for the additional info Lotec, intriguing. Shaka claims this is how Holo wanted it, then again Shaka is also the one who put that "Signature of Solitude" tune on the CD version of The Nightmares Resurface CD Re-Issue, which I believe isn't even Holo, but an old tune that has been on youtube etc for years by a Holo soundalike, and the tune has been replaced on the digital version for "Solice of Solitude", haha.
    I love a bit of mystery with Warcloud though, just adds to the myth, and makes tracking down all his works even more rewarding for the listeners who appreciate him.
    That may very well be true, Im not disputing Shaka. Now there are two versions, the 09 version was definitely what Holo wanted at the time because it has two tracks that are odd, one does not even feature Holo, the other is well known and on a commercial release. So I wouldn't bother worrying about acquiring those. I didn't know that about the Nightmares cd re-issue lol
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

Veteran Member

I found this track list on YouTube from a few years ago, not sure if this was the original/accurate track list or not

01 Whoops, Im and Indian
    02 Welcome to Alkatraz
    03 Track 3
    04 Can Control (Sobretti)
    05 Bluntz, Martinis, Girls and Gunz
    06 Back Alley Tea Party (Hop Scotch)
    07 WarGhost Expedition
    08 Cold American Beach
    09 Green Lantern Reservoir District
    10 Paralysis Pharmacies
    11 DeadTime Stories (Saluting Apple Sandwiches)

I completely missed a few years ago that the original album was sold to forum members...that's crazy, I always thought no one has heard it

more than a few years, I've probably had it for close to 10 years now. I'm surprised how well the forum members have kept it from spreading around really

Edit: Out of respect of maintaining the lure of the original Jigsaw Puzzle after seeing the post from LoTec, I have omitted the tracklisting of the 2009 release.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 11-14-2019 at 06:47 PM.

This was released with the pre-order of "Jigsaw Puzzle." Enjoy "Insane Asylum", aka "LA Shipwreck Patriot."

I Dont Walk I Get Carried kingwu's Avatar

Where can a broke brotha get this

WARGHOST EXPEDITION!
    WARGHOST EXPEDITION!

After giving it some consideration, I think that this isn't Holo approved, I quite possibly may be wrong. I'll reserve judgment until after I listen to the smoke a donut eat a cigarette track, the intro and the freestyle flow with Vulgar and Krow. It is extremely odd that Holo would add "As Unpleasant as it Seems Happiness Alludes Me" it was recorded for Pros Laboratory, Vulgar references the album name in his verse and the title is straight Pro. That being said Holo is extremely odd so theres that.
    Last edited by LoTec; 11-07-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    After giving it some consideration, I think that this isn't Holo approved, I quite possibly may be wrong. I'll reserve judgment until after I listen to the smoke a donut eat a cigarette track, the intro and the freestyle flow with Vulgar and Krow. It is extremely odd that Holo would add "As Unpleasant as it Seems Happiness Alludes Me" it was recorded for Pros Laboratory, Vulgar references the album name in his verse and the title is straight Pro. That being said Holo is extremely odd so theres that.
    Peace. Word, I was thinking likewise, my g. The "Smoke A Donut" joint could be a version of "Castle Freak" that we've never heard before, and Holo included it as a finalizing piece of The Puzzle. Or it could simply be the "Stone Boneyard" mix remastered by Shaka. The same applies to the "Freestyle Flows" joint. It could just be the session from the Collabo Archives, or an unearthed session we've yet to hear.

As you've said LoTec, what implies the lack of Holo's consent or involvement in the release of this project to me as well, is the inclusion of "Unpleasant As It Seems." A Pro's Lab joint, replacing original Puzzle pieces like "Deadtime Stories", doesn't add up as being valid to me.

I understand the Sobretti joint "Can Control" being removed from the project, due to the falling out that occurred between Sobretti and The Poets, but to exclude an Alcatraz joint from the original Puzzle release, seems like a shortsighted error on the part of Shaka due to lack of insight from Holo.

As said though, Holo is very odd, so this could just be an unorthodox alteration to the project. However, Shaka did also include "Signature Of Solitude" on the re-release of "Nightmares Resurface", which has been proven for years to be a Holo imposter, and replaced it with Holo's verse on "Introducing Chaos" from "Theater Of Pain" after reading this forum and discovering it wasn't Holo.

So it is possible that this release of "Jigsaw Puzzle" is merely a cash-grab exploiting Holo.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 11-14-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    Peace. Word, I was thinking likewise, my g. The "Smoke A Donut" joint could be a version of "Castle Freak" that we've never heard before, and Holo included it as a finalizing piece of The Puzzle. Or it could simply be the "Stone Boneyard" mix remastered by Shaka. The same applies to the "Freestyle Flows" joint. It could just be the session from the Collabo Archives, or an unearthed session we've yet to hear.

As you've said LoTec, what implies the lack of Holo's consent or involvement in the release of this project to me as well, is the inclusion of "Unpleasant As It Seems." A Pro's Lab joint, replacing original Puzzle joints like "Deadtime Stories", doesn't add up as being valid to me.

I understand the Sobretti joint "Can Control" being removed from the project, due to the falling out that occurred between Sobretti and The Poets, but to exclude an Alcatraz joint from the original Puzzle release, seems like a shortsighted error on the part of Shaka due to lack of insight from Holo.

As said though, Holo is very odd, so this could just be an unorthodox alteration to the project. However, Shaka did also include "Signature Of Solitude" on the re-release of "Nightmares Resurface", which has been proven for years to be a Holo imposter, and replaced it with Holo's verse on "Introducing Chaos" from "Theater Of Pain" after reading this forum and discovering it wasn't Holo.

So it is possible that this release of "Jigsaw Puzzle" is merely a cash-grab exploiting Holo.
    Is stone BoneYard what they call the Castle Freak of Bone Romania demo that floated around for a bit? Thats what I was thinking Smoke a Donut and Eat a Cigatrette is as well, I would buy the project if I didn't already have most of the tracks if not all of them, perhaps Ill purchase the ones I don't. Piano Drop tho........

Shaolin Master

lmao at all this discussion about this dumb shit

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    lmao at all this discussion about this dumb shit
    Keep collecting that Christina Aguilera and let grown men discuss real hiphop.

This Jigsaw Puzzle discussion has been very informative, please keep it going. I need to dive back into the Holo catalogue asap