Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That first Bobby Digital album is straight up classic

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    NO.

It's a dope album, but it isn't a classic. Actually, only 7 albums from the Wu fall in the classic section - Enter, Return, OB4CL, LS, Ironman, Forever, Supreme Clientele. This album is right behind them tho.
    Lol at saying Return to the 36, fuck out of here

Banned

this album is not normal--its "u.f.o."!!!!not from this planet!!!!!

Shaolin Master

How is this album a classic?? i got it the day it came out in late 98 and i must say this was one of the first wu releases i was really dissapointed in... The album is messy as hell... Productionwise RZA was really lacking.. compare that shit to forever and youll know what i mean. The beats are not that hard, nor that complex compared to that shit..

Also lyricly and flowwise that shit wasnt all that.. had a lot of fillers too. look at that song terrorist.. dudes was freestlyin on there man.. Only magical moment was Holocaust verse on silkworm..

It's banga but I don't know bout a classic, I would say near classic, Ghostface Killah rips it on silkworm....
    There's too many tracks on it that I skip ....

Quote Originally Posted by tommytootone View Post
    You can add this album to the likes of all Wu tang albums all the way up to Wu tang forever. N.Y.C everything, unspoken word, holocaust (silkworm) shit all the tracks are good. All their albums after rza left are either okay or garbage. Don't kid yourself. We may never see another classic after 10 years of whatever. This Cuban linx 2 may never drop and it it does, then it won't be as good. There is no way Rae is going to get every producer to sound the same to make a formula. Wu tang should have stayed hungry and still be on top. Lazy fucks!
    Yeah that album is banging,and ive alos been listening to Digital Bullet recently and i think its banging,i didnt use to like it much but i think RZA sounds mre wu and classic on this then his new one,but the thing with rza albums is theyre usualy ahead of there time you gota go bak to them to hear the true jewels!

Quote Originally Posted by tommytootone View Post
    Wu tang should have stayed hungry and still be on top. Lazy fucks!
    the way an artist stays hungry, is when they don't make any money, not being hungry anymore was'nt a choice, its something that happened, and besides, you DON'T get into the music industry to stay hungry, you get in it to get fed, and when you get fed, life changes & if life changes the music changes

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Lol at saying Return to the 36, fuck out of here
    lol @ you saying its not, dumb fuck, explain how its not....

at the end of the day, its been said many times, "classic" status is a matter of opinion, if after 10 years you still bump an album over whatever new shit is out......pretty much makes it classic....

and so what if his beats & rhymes were different to what was on Forever, its called growing as an artist/producer

return of 36 is a classic album imo

Wobbling Totem Poles

Return shits on In Stereo.

^exactly, and In Stereo is a heavy album

the only thing that would ever make me not list the first Digi as a classic is those Slow Grind skits I hate those

Is it fuck a classic album. 8/10. Some of the beats are a bit messy, and RZA's flow is fucked on a few. The guest apperances on a few tracks (9th Prince & Islord - Ughhh) bring it down a notch too. If it was a classic it would be recognised outside of the Wu fanbase, but its not. You could call it a wu classic, but a classic in the general term? No. I wouldnt call "Return To..." a classic either, but it is dope.

Btw, the Wu have only really three recognisied classics - 36, LS, CL, and maybe SC after that.

Quote Originally Posted by biggorfries View Post
    How is this album a classic?? i got it the day it came out in late 98 and i must say this was one of the first wu releases i was really dissapointed in... The album is messy as hell... Productionwise RZA was really lacking.. compare that shit to forever and youll know what i mean. The beats are not that hard, nor that complex compared to that shit..

Also lyricly and flowwise that shit wasnt all that.. had a lot of fillers too. look at that song terrorist.. dudes was freestlyin on there man.. Only magical moment was Holocaust verse on silkworm..
    Quote Originally Posted by Afficial_Nastee View Post
    It's banga but I don't know bout a classic, I would say near classic, Ghostface Killah rips it on silkworm....
    There's too many tracks on it that I skip ....
    money. not a classic. good album though. but i skip too many tracks. brooklyn babies is my favorite track...

it is funny how people list SC as a classic but not Iron man (this being people who are out side the wu fan base)

^Yeah i think its coz Ironman has that Wu sound that has already been done better on LS, SL and 36, but been Wu fans we still love it, but SC was something completly different that ozzed class, sophistication and top notch beats and rhymes.

^ tell the truth, i think i prefer Iroman