4 3.54%
  • mediocre

0 0%
  • wack

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Killa Beez - The Swarm

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

It's Sunday I'm off work today, so I'll review......

01. Intro
    02. Royal Fam - The Legacy
    Great opening track by Timbo King, he straight rips this shit. Beat is crazy especially that bass. Lyrics are crazy on here also. His second verse is on some geographical shit that sounds hot. 5/5
    03. Sunz Of Man ft. Timbo King - Concrete Jungle
    This track got me into Sunz of Man after I heard it on my uncles mixtape. The beat is just crazy Timbo king opens it up nice and short then Prodigal Sunn just destroys it. Hell Razah comes in and spits nice lines back and forth, dropping that knowledge but making it sound hot. "we be the underground childs, mainstream now, sorta like apocalypse Blow Blow" That shit hot. 60 Sec. even comes in and kills the track. "you in the jungle....jungle boogie!" That shit gets me amped, this has to be top 5 on this cd. 5/5
    04. Shyheim & Hell Razah - Co-Defendant
    I remember when I first copped this cd in 8th Grade and i was listen to this with my mom , we both were like this shit is wack. But this track grew on us like crazy. I love this shit, Shyheim comes in hard the first line " I'm an N.W.A. with a 19 shot Glizzy, I'm more thug than krayzie, layzie, flesh, wish & Bizzy" Straight hard, he went hard the whole track. Hell Razah is crazy on here with his Sunz of Man flow "I role with playa haters, down with mad rappers, out to put the gat to anybody playing actor" hot line. Shyheim ends the track "I'm all about the hundred dolla bills nigga what, if shorty pussy to big I stick it in her but" straight RAW! The beat itself is crazy, I don't even know how Rza came up with this shit. I be zoned out on this track, i wish they let it ride out a lil loner, still a crazy track though..... 5/5
    05. Inspectah Deck & Streetlife - S.O.S.
    At first this beat wasn't listenable to me but it grew on me like crazy. i think Streetlife came harder than Deck on this one. Don't get me wrong though Deck still spits that heat on here. Streetlife flow on here is crazy on his opening lines. "Flash a Wu Sign to see if my comrades is in here" that's a dope line. 4.5/5
    06. Wu-Tang Clan ft. Streetlife - Execute Them
    I love this shit right here, Everybody comes hard on here. Hook is hot. Raekwon opens this shit up nice and smooth, his lyrics were getting at their peak around that time. Masta Killa is crazy on here with his memorable verse "Bless him with a c-note, throw him over boat, split his stomach so the body won't float" Crazy..that's my favorite line from that verse. Inspectah Deck is wild, he delivers one of his best verses on this track, it just sound crazy how he just brings it hard, the beat it just crazy itself with the kung-fu sample in da track, that's dope I love that sound in the back too. 5/5
    07. A.I.G. - Bronx War Stories
    I never really felt this track like that. It grew on me a lil bit. It's a banger nothing more, nothing less. I wasn't really into the beat like that IDK what it was. The lyrics on here are Raw though, I know Darkim is on the track I forgot the other guys name... 4/5
    08. RZA ft. Method Man & Killarmy - And Justice For All
    This shit took a long time to grow on a nigga, Islord delivers one of the worst verses in Wu-Camp history. Killa Sin and Dom Pachino drop a nuke on this track, they both bought that heat. Bobby Digital is pretty dope on this track, but Method Man makes his time memorable "Full-Metal jackets cause some gots to have it, killa bee killed only time will reveal" "John blaze flammable when under pressure.......(every line after that)" Is crazy and one his best verses. Islord follows up so horrible, 9th Prince's little cameo was better than that verse. 4.5/5
    08. The Beggaz - On The Strength
    I don't really know alot of info about these cats but they delivered. Beat is nice on here not to hype, not too calm and that's how they come. 5/5
    09. Black Knights & Nothstar
    I don't like Holocaust but once again he rips this shit. I love the hook on this track too. Christbearer kinda kills the momentum but not too much but Doc Doom(R.I.P.) follows up crazy..."
    Atrocity, let it pour acid rain upon your compound,Chaotically, the Black Knights, we move robotically,Lyrically perform labotamy on your biology" Meko ends it cool. 4.5/5

10. Ruthless Bastards - Bastards
    I think this was the original beat for "Ghost Deni" but these cats used it nice. I don't really got alot of Info on these guys, but they all bring it hard. 4/5
    12. Ghostface Killah - Cobra Clutch
    You know Ghostface had to get a solo track, he's crazy on here, he's defintely on some Supreme Clientele shit on this one "Ghost will keep shining to the Sun Bust" Whoa...dope shit...he delivers line after line, the video is funny too...5/5
    13. Remedy - Never Again
    Even one of the weaker Killa Beez bring heat on this one right here, I saw the movie where this was sampled from also I forgot the name. You can feel the heat in Remedy on here, the beat itself makes you wanna keep it on, real shit...4.5/5
    14. Wu-Syndicate - Where Was Heaven
    This track is too slow for me. I can't really get into it. They spitting some real shit on here, but I prefer tracks like "Latunza Hit" from these cats. 3.5/5
    15. Cappadonna ft.Ghostface Killah - '97 Mentality
    Yeah Cappadonna brings it hard on here "
    Donna come through everyday my uniform changes and switches, I came to make ladies out of bitches,Crackhead niggaz get stitches" I love that line. His delivery on here is flawless he sounds hungry as fuck on here. The beat is like his companion on here, they both just match up great. Lyrics are hard on here no complaints. Ghost on the hook is a ++ 5/5

16. Black Knights & Northstar - Fatal Sting
    This is a wack cut. That Christbearer verse is up there with Islord's on this album. The beat is wack on here, I don't get the point of this track. 2/5

Lyrics - 4.5/5
    Beats - 5/5
    Overall - 4.5/5

If you a Wu-Fan this IS a classic album. It showcases all the skillz of the Killa Beez, the lyrics and beats are Grimey for the 98' and the album cover is Dope. **** 4.5/5 Certified Wu-Classic****
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 06-14-2008 at 11:41 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

chea.....

royal fam legacy 8/10 (beat sounds like it was made for a shitty SNES game but still tight)
    concrete jungle 9/10
    co-defendant 10/10
    SOS 9/10
    execute them 10/10
    bronx war stories 8.5/10
    and justice for all 9/10
    punishment 8.5/10
    bastards 7.5/10
    on the strength 7.5/10
    cobra clutch 10/10
    never again 4/10 (a lot of people seem to like this a lot, dont know why)
    where was heaven 5/10
    97 mentality 10/10 (one of the last sick verses from cappadonna)
    fatal sting 8/10
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Fatal Sting is wack.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

10. Ruthless Bastards - Bastards
    I think this was the original beat for "Ghost Deni" but these cats used it nice. I don't really got alot of Info on these guys, but they all bring it hard. 4/5

I've wondered about this beat too, I thought it was strange that Ghost used this beat when he spat Ghost Deni at that rock the bells show.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Fatal Sting is wack.
    Hahahahahahahahaha

armynavyairforcemarines Sgt Holly Wood's Avatar

yeah its def a banger!

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I love this album!!! Damn i remember when i had it on cassette 10 years ago, remember the times.

This joint to me is classic, Honestly I wish I still had a copy, unfrotunatly they dont sell it in stores any more.

Matter of fact does anyone know a good way to get this, I would appreciate any links.
    For real!!!

Holla Back

Freeze

I got mine on e-bay a couple of months ago for like 8 bucks plus shipping.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Yea this CD hasent left my ride in over a week. Got this shit on loop

On The Strength is my mothafuckin shit

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Yeah^
    That track is so above most it's sick...
    I REALLY feel the guy who comes in last...
    I was told his name...Ithink he's called "Beggah Ooh" ???
    I need to check for that dude...
    A monster on the mic.

D-Infinite

That Christbearer verse on Fatal Sting is TERRIBLE. Jesus Christ, it is off.

But i LOVE this album. I rate Punishment really high.

The tracks I'll remember forever would be...

Bronx War Story
    Never Again
    97 Mentality

But I'll probably remember the times, every time I hear the whole album.
    Damn I gotta get me anotha copy!!!
    It's all good

Peace

Freeze

D-Infinite

Just a quick review

The Legacy - 8/10 - good start, simple and aggressive, Timbo style
    Concrete Jungle - 8/10 - Sunz Of Man are dope for real, hot Wu style beat
    Co-Defendants - 8/10 - love the beat, Shyheims flow is off though
    S.O.S. - 8/10 - dope grimey beat, Deck & Streetlife murk it, great song
    Execute Them - 8.5/10 - that beat! DEADLY! Raw raw raw & hot track
    Bronx War Stories - 7/10 - still good track, great horns, but not as good as rest
    And Justice For All - 8/10 - beat has claustrophobic feel, Wu come correct but Islord is poor
    Punishment - 7.5/10 - one of the best Black Knights tracks, Holocaust brings it, nice beat, Christbearer is awful
    Bastards - 8/10 - pretty raw, loving the beat, lyrics aren't the best but solid song
    On The Strength - 8.5/10 - The Beggaz made my jaw drop. Very good track
    Cobra Clutch - 8.5/10 - classic Ghost, an unforgiving, merciless flow, slick beat
    Never Again - 8/10 - epic track, Remedy gets deep and righteous on this banger
    Where Was Heaven - 7/10 - nice feel but never really got moving
    97 Mentality - 9/10 - classic Cappa, awesome beat, Ghost legendary chorus, best track
    Fatal Sting - 6/5/10 - not as bad as many make out, i like the beat, but all the points lost for Christbearers AWFUL verse again

Someone tell Christbearer to not open his mouth. Those verses just fucked up the tracks he was on. He stops the flow, and his voice is grating.

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

Bringin it back.. On The Strength:

Ironwire, live back in the days (RIP Father Lord):

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_Bane View Post
    Bringin it back.. On The Strength:

FUCKIN DOPE

I would kill to have that instrumental, thats the first time I ever heard it.