Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Premier Vs. The RZA

-

Default DJ Premier Vs. The RZA

I don't know if anybody has posted about this before but I wanna see how many of ya'll will say who's a better rap producer. I'm picking DJ Premier because he's my favorite rap producer. He's done so many good beats and I like how his beats sound. His beats definitely have that New York sound and what's interesting about him is that he's from Texas but he knows how to get that New York sound. I don't like a lot of The RZA's beats. I like his beats on Wu Tang's first group album because he had a lot of hard beats on there. He did a few good beats on their solo albums when they first did solo albums. His beats have been terrible for a long time after the 90's and DJ Premier has still got that grimey 90's New York sound. That's why so many good rappers work with DJ Premier and not The RZA LOL. It's sad that The RZA became different and doesn't have those grimey beats anymore. Plus he got into doing movies even though there's nothing wrong with him wanting to make extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

CharlesJones, on BIG's Life After Death album, did you like Primo (Kick in the door) or RZA's (Long Kiss Goodnight) beat best? I think they're both ace, very hard for me to choose.

Does anybody know whether there are any other albums which have both a Primo and a RZA beat btw?
    Retired.

-

Kick In The Door is better than Long Kiss Goodnight. DJ Premier also produced Ten Crack Commandments on Life After Death. He sampled Chuck D's voice from Public Enemy's Shut Em Down on Ten Crack Commandments and Chuck D sued him because of what the song is about LOL. Chuck D shouldn't have done that and I'm disappointed in him because I think he was just trying to get paid LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

RZA is far far better than Primo. Always has been!

Primo is soooo over-rated IMO... almost all of his beats follow the same formula... make a loop, add some boom bap drums and scratches on the hook. I'm not saying that the formula doesn't work, he has made classics, but for me it gets old real quick.

I'd much rather listen to someone like RZA, who even back in the 90's was experimenting and pushing the boundaries. Yeah, sometimes the experimentation goes a little too far, sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it's whack.

In 2014 I'd much rather listen out for what RZA is doing rather than listen to the same sounding beats that Primo has been making for 20+ years!

That's just my opinion though.

Peace!

-

Whatever man. Stop hating. Ain't nobody now trying to hear The RZA's beats over DJ Premier's beats. So what if Premier uses the same formula for his beats. He's getting more work now from rappers than The RZA.

How am I hating...? You posted asking who is the best and I gave my opinion.

There used to be a time when seeing that there was a Primo beat on an MC's album would generate some hype, but now Primo is done. Majority of his recent beats are garbage. People put him up on a pedestal but these days he's no better than ALC, Madlib, Apollo Brown, etc. Primo is an average producer in 2014, middle of the pack.

And, 5th State... The only other album that I know of with RZA and Primo beats on there is Dirty's 'A Son Unique'. I know it hasn't officially been released. Other than that it's just compilation type albums like Tony Touch's recent 'Piecemaker 3' album.

Peace!

-

You're right that you're not hating but you can have The RZA's wack beats and i'll continue to support DJ Premier's good beats. Premier may have done a few bad beats but most of his beats are good. I like what I heard so far from the collabo album he's doing with Royce Da 5'9. Plus M.O.P., Nas, and KRS One are supposed to be working on albums with him that's gonna have all his beats. I doubt it if those albums will happen but i'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    And, 5th State... The only other album that I know of with RZA and Primo beats on there is Dirty's 'A Son Unique'. I know it hasn't officially been released. Other than that it's just compilation type albums like Tony Touch's recent 'Piecemaker 3' album.
    Thanks, Pattch82!
    Retired.

nada ignorante

Rza>>>Premo always.
    N.I.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Kickin the door shat on long kiss goodnight imo
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

nada ignorante

I agree that Kick in the door was much better.
    N.I.

RZA.
    Premier's beats have become too formulaic. I'd rather have RZA try to push himself to try new things and fail than have Premier stick to the same schtick and make boring beats.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Primo is soooo over-rated IMO... almost all of his beats follow the same formula... make a loop, add some boom bap drums and scratches on the hook. I'm not saying that the formula doesn't work, he has made classics, but for me it gets old real quick.

I'd much rather listen to someone like RZA, who even back in the 90's was experimenting and pushing the boundaries. Yeah, sometimes the experimentation goes a little too far, sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it's whack.

In 2014 I'd much rather listen out for what RZA is doing rather than listen to the same sounding beats that Primo has been making for 20+ years!

Peace!
    How am I hating...? You posted asking who is the best and I gave my opinion.

There used to be a time when seeing that there was a Primo beat on an MC's album would generate some hype, but now Primo is done. Majority of his recent beats are garbage. People put him up on a pedestal but these days he's no better than ALC, Madlib, Apollo Brown, etc. Primo is an average producer in 2014, middle of the pack.

Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Rza>>>Premo always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    RZA.
    Premier's beats have become too formulaic. I'd rather have RZA try to push himself to try new things and fail than have Premier stick to the same schtick and make boring beats.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Peace!
    same way i feel but primo is a brand and rza is a brand and company so i think what rza is doing far outweighs what primo is doing right now
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 11-09-2014 at 09:12 AM.

No suprising answers here by the Wu stans.

But the truth is that RZA has been making homo juice music for about 15 years straight.

Everybody wishes RZA stuck to what he did best.

VS

GTFO

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[