Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should New York have cleared the way for a mosque to be built near the World Trade Ce

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

aahahhah.

"we hate Niggers, Muslims, and Mexicans bro."

"whats the problem?"

"this is america bro."

yeaa.
    We do it for the people.

Eh what?

I don't get what he meant with that last post, but I agree with the one before.

Quote Originally Posted by iove View Post
    What's racist against being anti Islam anyway? It's not a race.
    I think because most Islamic people are Arabic, so by extension if you have a passionate hatred for Islamic people, chances are you'll end up disliking a large amount of Arabs by extension, which will probably transfer into racism before long.

Quote Originally Posted by Threyev View Post
    I don't get what he meant with that last post, but I agree with the one before.

I think because most Islamic people are Arabic, so by extension if you have a passionate hatred for Islamic people, chances are you'll end up disliking a large amount of Arabs by extension, which will probably transfer into racism before long.
    So if I hate rap music, I'm racist because most rappers are black?

A lot of Muslims are not Arabic, some are Persian, Somalian, even China has 20 million Muslims. Look, I'm anti Islamic, but I don't have anything against Muslims, just their religion. Or any other religion for that matter. And as far as racism goes, Islam is the most racist ideology in the World. The Koran is a book full of anti-Semitic teachings, It even makes distinction between skin colour (darker skin is slaves, light brown is the most Arabic and thus the most pure) I don't feel like looking up and quoting the surahs and writings, but it's definitely not the religion of peace. Just look at the Islamic countries over the World...

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

ahahah

i was drunk when i posted here last night lol
    We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by iove View Post
    So if I hate rap music, I'm racist because most rappers are black?

A lot of Muslims are not Arabic, some are Persian, Somalian, even China has 20 million Muslims. Look, I'm anti Islamic, but I don't have anything against Muslims, just their religion. Or any other religion for that matter. And as far as racism goes, Islam is the most racist ideology in the World. The Koran is a book full of anti-Semitic teachings, It even makes distinction between skin colour (darker skin is slaves, light brown is the most Arabic and thus the most pure) I don't feel like looking up and quoting the surahs and writings, but it's definitely not the religion of peace. Just look at the Islamic countries over the World...
    Yo I agree with you on the fact that the Koran preaches violence (as does the Bible and every other religion, for the most part) no matter what its readers say. But the majority of the world's Islamic population is Arabic. I feel like if somebody is exclusively anti-Islam but not anti-Christian etc., chances are that there is - at the very least - a racial element to their feelings.

If someone is exclusively anti Islamic, that person is probably of an other religion. If a white person only listens to classical music and hates rap, doesn't mean that person hates blacks. Just as much as hating the religion of Islam isn't the same as hating Muslims. Hatred towards Muslims isn't racist neither, as they're not a race. If you call it racism, you're only deflating the meaning of the word racism.
    Last edited by Professor Poopsnagle; 08-15-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Veteran Member

Ok here is my feelings on the mosque (good, bad or indifferent).

As a New Yorker and someone who lost a family in the 9/11 attacks, I think it's tasteless for the Muslims to want to have a mosque there. But on the same note, this is America and they have the freedom to practice their beliefs anywhere they choose. I'm not sure why they pick that particular spot though............

All these years later that place is still a hard area to be. I go there b/c my cousins body was never found so that is where she is and when I do go there the emotions r still raw and hard.

Now I know that Muslims didn't cause this pain, but instead it was a very specific group (and please don't get started on the "theories" out there b/c I can't deal with that).......

Unfortunately, some folks can't seem to get this thru their heads and never will......that's like sayin that all Catholics r a bunch of child fuckers..........no they aren't..........a few were but not all.

I think that if Muslims have chosen this area then fine...........but don't be surprised when the crazy/racist folks come out and protest. U put it there after all these opinions have come out, then u accept what comes with it. B/c just like they have the right to have their mosque there, folks have the right to voice their opinions.

If americans think muslims can't have a mosque near Ground Zero because a few terrorists killed 2000 of your people can you imagine how the iraqi's feel?

Fallacy ^

The thing is, why have it build as close as possible to GZ. It's provocative and at the very least tactless.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of Poetry View Post
    Ok here is my feelings on the mosque (good, bad or indifferent).

As a New Yorker and someone who lost a family in the 9/11 attacks, I think it's tasteless for the Muslims to want to have a mosque there. But on the same note, this is America and they have the freedom to practice their beliefs anywhere they choose. I'm not sure why they pick that particular spot though............

All these years later that place is still a hard area to be. I go there b/c my cousins body was never found so that is where she is and when I do go there the emotions r still raw and hard.

Now I know that Muslims didn't cause this pain, but instead it was a very specific group (and please don't get started on the "theories" out there b/c I can't deal with that).......

Unfortunately, some folks can't seem to get this thru their heads and never will......that's like sayin that all Catholics r a bunch of child fuckers..........no they aren't..........a few were but not all.

I think that if Muslims have chosen this area then fine...........but don't be surprised when the crazy/racist folks come out and protest. U put it there after all these opinions have come out, then u accept what comes with it. B/c just like they have the right to have their mosque there, folks have the right to voice their opinions.
    Its not a theory Queen. They're building a huge Islamic complex (fine) in a financial district. That's unusual but reasonable. There are Muslims who work there who might go there and others might become interested and look into it. Fine. But they're doing it on the 10th anniversary of 911. Honoring the victims? Now we're getting into weird territory but not insane. It would be nice to see an Islamic outpouring of good will once in a while instead of Just defending themselves saying "we're not ALL crazy." Then their name is the Cordoba House. Cordoba being the old capital of Islam in Spain. Which of course they "liberated" from the Europeans.

It stinks of symbolism. Legal but less the benign.

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    If americans think muslims can't have a mosque near Ground Zero because a few terrorists killed 2000 of your people can you imagine how the iraqi's feel?
    3000 killed and 6000 wounded. Much larger then Pearl Harbor which was about 2500 killed and 1300 wounded. A million Japanese died for that insult over the next four years. We've been more then civil to the Afghans. Most of the deaths in the Iraq war have been caused by insurgents. We've simply been trying to maintain the peace for a decade.

Don't try and spin it into something its not.
    Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 08-16-2010 at 09:36 AM.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    Its not a theory Queen. They're building a huge Islamic complex (fine) in a financial district.

Oh sweetie no..........my comment about the theories was referring to folks who think that Bin Laden didn't do this and the American govt. did.........that's what I meant. I know where they want the mosque...........I just don't want to hear these theories about who is responsible for the 9/11 attacks b/c in my mind, it was Bin Laden......my brain cannot wrap around the idea that our govt. killed all those folks including my cousin..........

Yeah I'm the same. Bin Laden worked for the CIA in the 80s as a buffer against the Soviet Union and everyone thinks therefore he had to still be on their payroll now. But it doesn't make sense. It would be like assuming Saddam was still our guy when we invaded. He was our buffer against Iranian expansion of power but he outgrew his boots and tried to take over kuwait so we put him on his ass. Then Bush II said "you know what fuck it lets kill the bastard he's just mouthing off and he's eventually going to do something stupid."

It was the same in ww2. We were using Hitler as a buffer against Russia but he outgrew his boots when he seized Poland and we cleaned his clock. And again, we used Russia against Germany to maintain control of shit. Most of America's enemies were previously our allies. That's why we kick their ass so hard. Commoners don't understand Machiavelli.

all Catholics r a bunch of child fuckers

i'd say 80 percent of them are!!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Christ compels you to shut your mouth.

My Pope is Infallible.