Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: what do YOU do that is actually worthwhile?

ni·hil·ism
    noun
    the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.
    synonyms: skepticism, negativity, cynicism, pessimism

Another Noel classic

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    Been trying to get PCP to re-record their hits with a live orchestra
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Of course it does, magne.
    Things that are NOT worthwhile: Making money.

Things that ARE worthwhile: Creating. Learning.
    While I do agree with this unfortunately you need money to do shit, but making money for the sake of making money, to have a big house or an expensive car is totally not worthwhile.

When you made this thread I thought you meant worthwhile to humanity which would be a big no for most people.

At the moment I am re-learning the Irish language so I can speak fluently again and will start using it as my first language. To me that's very important.

In Australia you don't need to make money. If you're not working then the government will give you more than enough to live comfortably in exchange for doing precisely fuck all.

Same in Ireland really although they have cracked down last 4 years and you have to prove youve been looking for work and they make you go on courses and shit.

Back in the early 2000's when the country was booming you could finish school, go straight on the dole, be handed 230 euros a week and they would never come after you or question you or anything but as soon as the country starting going back down the toilet they cracked down.

Yeah they do shit like that here too, but I think it's pretty easy to just avoid it all if you pretend you're depressed or have a learning disability or some shit.

Banned

The dole is nowhere near enough to live off, it's like $250 a week. Minimum wage is $550 a week I think? And I don't think you could possibly survive on your own on minimum wage. The refo's get looked after from Centrelink, we've had a few of them come through work to do work experience and they all get over a grand a fortnight and live at Town Hall for fucks sake. None of them are interested in working because they government gives them free shit. The people bunging it on with the pension get a lot of money, I think they're just under minimum wage. The government will crack down on them though.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Nah magne you can def live on the dole or minimum wage. Just not in Sydney or any other major city. I generally work about 12-20 hours a week and actually SAVE a decent amount of money. Probably more than a lot of useless cunts who work full thyme 😏.

'

Nah magne you can def live on the dole or minimum wage. Just not in Sydney or any other major city. I generally work about 12-20 hours a week and actually SAVE a decent amount of money. Probably more than a lot of useless cunts who work full thyme 😏.
    How much do you put aside a month for surfboard wax and hookers?

and "toes"

I haven't been to a hooker since Europe 2013, magne.

Didn't get the toes thing ��

Banned

So many cunts do though, I don't get it. You'd be like to meet 5 people in a row out Blacktown of Campbeltown areas that have a job. I think we will have a recession very soon and the Centrelink will be on the chopping block big time. Which goes back to the importing of labour because it never addreased unemployment.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The Centrelink system is fucked. They give all the useless cunts money without question and just hassle the fuck out of anybody they think has half a chance of getting a job.

Banned

The thing is they don't even help people get a job once they've been on it for like 3 months, they basically put you in the bin and leave you to do shit on your own. The people on the dole under 30 have to work like 25 hours a week now, that's fuckin criminal. That's what the Asians pay Asians to work.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.