Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Songs Wu-Tang/Members Passed On?

Default Songs Wu-Tang/Members Passed On?

Just Blaze has stated that Ghostface Killah passed on the production to Girls Girls Girls. Do you know of any other songs that Wu-Tang or the members (solo) passed on?

Wu-Veteran

Method Man Dangerous Grounds Demo
    https://youtu.be/-yS2RPDNov0

^^

That is so wack compared to the real version.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Method Man Dangerous Grounds Demo
    https://youtu.be/-yS2RPDNov0
    Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    ^^

That is so wack compared to the real version.
    this beat would have fit on Rae's 'Immobilarity'. not that bad but just a bit bland imo

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Fun fact, Jay-Z chose the soul sampled production approach to The Blueprint after hearing Divine bumping Supreme Clientele in his whip.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    Fun fact, Jay-Z chose the soul sampled production approach to The Blueprint after hearing Divine bumping Supreme Clientele in his whip.
    Hey man i heard this before but do you remember where uts from? Id like to check it again

thanks sky

gotta say. That just blaZe dangerous grounds is SICK. true masters version IS CLASSIC tho so kind of sucks. Rather of ya that beat than quite a few on that album tho.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 10-04-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Hey man i heard this before but do you remember where uts from? Id like to check it again
    He says it in this interview. I can't remember where as it's been a while since I watched. Long ass interview but a good one also if you have the time, he talks on a few different stories like that

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Girls, Girls, Girls is meh, I would have passed on it as well.. Jay Z has better lady songs.

Shaolin Master

Aren't you using "passed on" a little liberally? It's not like there was an opportunity for Ghost to rhyme over the beat and he said "No." Just & Kanye were just both extremely inspired by Supreme Clientele so all the beats they were making around that time were with Ghostface in mind but they're part of Roc-A-Fella so most of what they produced ended up on the Blueprint and other Roc projects.

"The only joint that pre-existed was 'Girls Girls Girls' which I had been holding for Ghostface. The Pro Tools session was called 'Ghostface.'"- Just Blaze

"Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level."- Kanye West

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yatx-oI7oo4

Every quote I've seen, Just always says it was originally for Ghost but never that Ghost turned it down or passed on it.
    Last edited by Buddah_MAC; 10-03-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    Aren't you using "passed on" a little liberally? It's not like there was an opportunity for Ghost to rhyme over the beat and he said "No." Just & Kanye were just both extremely inspired by Supreme Clientele so all the beats they were making around that time were with Ghostface in mind but they're part of Roc-A-Fella so most of what they produced ended up on the Blueprint and other Roc projects.

"The only joint that pre-existed was 'Girls Girls Girls' which I had been holding for Ghostface. The Pro Tools session was called 'Ghostface.'"- Just Blaze

"Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level."- Kanye West

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yatx-oI7oo4

Every quote I've seen, Just always says it was originally for Ghost but never that Ghost turned it down or passed on it.
    Thank you for this!

the beat to girl girls girls is pretty uneventful, especially for Ghost. I think it was a hit because of the machine behind Jay-z, not because it was an obvious hit.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Exactly.

Girls, Girls, Girls is classic. I'm glad Jay got that beat, lush sample, legends on the hook, one of Jay's funniest songs. The remix with MJ singing was dope too.

Just Blaze did the beat for Ghost's 'The Champ' a few years later which is kind of Blueprint sounding but with the same drums as Mighty Healthy.

I'm sure there are songs that Wu members passed on but I can't remember what they are. There's stuff like Cappadonna should have done the hook on 'Long Kiss Goodnight' and Ghost wanted the 'From Then Til Now' beat but thats a bit different to the topic.

I like the Blueprint album but I didn’t think “Girls Girls Girls” was all that. It’s a skipper for me.

That said, Just Blaze was in a zone back then. Even though you could tell he was highly influenced by RZA, he put out some bangers.

Truth be told, all Just Blaze did was just lift the beat from Tom Brock (the original).