Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: you must call your senators today

The ABBOTT

Default you must call your senators today

Earlier this year, we told you about a bill Sen. John McCain was trying to push through Congress. That bill would have significantly increase the Federal government's control of the supplement industry.

Thanks to voices like yours, we were able to kill that bill before it became a serious threat. But they are at it again. So once again, we need your help.

You may have heard of the Restoring American Financial Stability Act of 2010. This bill before the Senate (S. 3217) is intended to reform Wall Street so we don't see another financial meltdown like we did in 2008.

Sounds great, right? Well not so fast.

You see, the House version of this bill, which passed in December, included an ominous last-minute amendment. Rep. Henry Waxman of California — no friend of dietary supplements, believe you me — snuck in a provision that would give the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) unchecked power over virtually every sector of the American economy — including supplements.

If signed into the law, this amendment would literally let the FTC govern on their own. Rather than going after deceptive marketing practices (which is what they should be doing), the FTC would become judge and jury. Instead of investigating deceptive companies on a case-by-case basis, they will be able to issue law that all must obey.

The Senate version of this bill is being debated right now. If this amendment is included in the Senate bill — or later added during reconciliation — the FTC will have almost absolute power to regulate supplements. Your vitamins and supplements are in their crosshairs. They can't wait to use these new powers to come after them.

The result will be substantially higher prices and significantly lower doses. Many products and ingredients you rely on today will simply vanish.

It's urgent that you tell your senators to keep the Waxman amendment out of the Senate version of the Wall Street Reform Bill. Tell them you don't want the FTC to have unchecked power.

Call and email your Senators right now! Follow the link below to find their office phone number. Be polite but emphatic. Tell them how important your supplements are to you. Tell them the FTC needs to be on a leash. Tell them to keep this amendment out of this bill!

To contact your Senators:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Please don't put this off. The Senate is literally debating this right now. We need to rise up and make our voices heard once more!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

I'm going to contact my senator. And lick his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaststroke & Butterfly View Post
    I'm going to contact my senator. And lick his ass.
    Palehorse. Could you kindly post a sample letter for us to use as an aid to help us get started. I, 1.Don't feel like doing it, even though I'd like to help, and 2. Don't know what to write per se.
    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

The ABBOTT

im a citizen of (your state)im calling about the waxman amendment to the wall street reform bill. i dont want the FTC to have unchecked power.. if you vote for this bill i will do what i can to make sure you dont get re-elected

it will take 1 minute maybe 2 to leave that message

Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

^^^Hajaaahhahahaha Omg, great letter faggot. I'm sure local senators are quaking in their boots about being threatened by an illiterate tin foil hat retard. I'm sure they'll listen to you Horsey, I'm sure.

The ABBOTT

i dont blame you bcock. your brain is shrunk from years of drinking federally sponsored bio-weapons.if you did have any kind of mental dexterity you would have read the original post and you would understand that this has been done before and worked.

Im an american. i am soviergn. these senators work for me. they serve us. not the other way around.

get with the program faggut

Quote Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
    i am soviergn.
    It's incredible. You're just too stupid for words.

The ABBOTT

Who do i answer too then bcocks?

A criminal government with machine guns?

Apparently you don't have to answer to anybody because you have supreme, independent authority over the United States.

The ABBOTT

its good to be an american i have supreme independant authority over myself(sovereignty) and the elected officials work for me.

and apparently you cant answer my question directly

nice try phaggut

Ha ha, apparently you don't know the meanings of words. Nice try

Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a territory.

Are you a territory? Don't try to cover up your stupidity, with yet more stupidity.
    Last edited by brock; 05-21-2010 at 11:43 AM.

The ABBOTT

sov·er·eign·ty
       /ˈsɒvrɪnti, ˈsʌv-/ Show Spelled[sov-rin-tee, suhv-] Show IPA
    –noun,plural-ties.
    the quality or state of being sovereign.
    the status, dominion, power, or authority of a sovereign; royalty.
    supreme and independent power or authority in government as possessed or claimed by a state or community.
    rightful status, independence, or prerogative.
    a sovereign state, community, or political unit.

IM SORRY BUT UNTIL YOU STRAT TO THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE I CANT BE BOTHERED TO PARTICIPATE IN YOUR STUPIDITY ANYMORE

READ A BOOK FAGGOT

I RECOMMEND THE CONSTITUTION

Nothing you posted, no definition, makes you sovereign or what you said right at all. You're an idiot, and you got caught.

Typing in caps doesn't make you right either, it just makes you look like you're having a temper tantrum.

The ABBOTT

Self ethering is strong in you

but what about my home? am i not the king of my castle?
    Last edited by PALEHORSE; 05-21-2010 at 12:04 PM.