Page 125 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1891

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    All time low, like I thought. People want to see something different.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...ay-jan-11-2021

Meh, not my problem.

The ABBOTT

But it was going to be highest rated maybe, what happened? Probably should listen to ya boy more. CFB will be on a steady decline unless the there is more parity. There needs to be some real contenders from every conference.

Banned

But it was going to be highest rated maybe, what happened? Probably should listen to ya boy more. CFB will be on a steady decline unless the there is more parity. There needs to be some real contenders from every conference.
    There aren’t any real contenders. It’s why Ohio State Clemson and Alabama run through the conference with ease every year. Even when Wisconsin gets two cracks at us they lose.

Who cares if it declines. I don’t make money off it.

Nebraska is going to continue to suck because they can’t take the prop 48 rejects like Phillips. As soon as that happened they declined. It was a recruiting advantage they seized up for about 20 years.

The ABBOTT

I really don't follow Nebraska to closely. The prop 48 probably did some decent damage. Most of their decline can be linked to changing conferences though. They really don't fit in the Big 10 for a lot of reasons. I think Missouri and maybe even A&M are also seeing that they would better suited in the Big 12 also.

Banned

I really don't follow Nebraska to closely. The prop 48 probably did some decent damage. Most of their decline can be linked to changing conferences though. They really don't fit in the Big 10 for a lot of reasons. I think Missouri and maybe even A&M are also seeing that they would better suited in the Big 12 also.
    I never understood the break up I assume it’s money.

The ABBOTT

Mostly. Everybody wanted to start Big 12 network to equal Big 10 network. Texas started Longhorn network and had heavy influence on direction of conference that pissed off the defectors. The commissinor of Big 12 was entirely inept and could have prevented all of the schools from leaving. They would be wise to try and entice some of these schools to come back since the conference seems to be second tier behind Big 10,SEC, ACC.

The ABBOTT

All of the mentioned above happened during Dan Beebes tenor as commissioner. He is basically regarded as a total fuckup who was able to destroy a conference because he was unqualified and let UTexas easily manipulate him.

Banned

All of the mentioned above happened during Dan Beebes tenor as commissioner. He is basically regarded as a total fuckup who was able to destroy a conference because he was unqualified and let UTexas easily manipulate him.
    Sounds like Kevin Warren of the Big Ten. A complete empty suit who almost let the season not get played.

The ABBOTT

I listened to podcast that was saying the decline in popularity of NCAA football in recent years is directly related to the cancellation of NCAA football video game. It kinda made sense.

Banned

I listened to podcast that was saying the decline in popularity of NCAA football in recent years is directly related to the cancellation of NCAA football video game. It kinda made sense.
    Good let it decline. Get the fake fans and observers out of it all they do is bring BS drama. It makes zero difference to me what type of ratings things get.

I know what I’m watching on Saturdays.

The ABBOTT

No. What they were saying was. It was a good way to reach young fans and also fans that are not in a big college fball area. Say like a NFL city, where that gets more attention. I did hear just now, it might be coming back.

Banned

No. What they were saying was. It was a good way to reach young fans and also fans that are not in a big college fball area. Say like a NFL city, where that gets more attention. I did hear just now, it might be coming back.
    Yea it is.
    I mean I don’t agree with that logic at all. Columbus is about two and a half hours away in another market and Ohio State is massive in northeast Ohio and throughout the entire state.

Why would they need video games to reach an audience when they play games all day saturday on about 8 different channels plus fridays and weekdays?

Like I said I’m good with it declining. It’s better for the true fan.

The ABBOTT

There are big markets with little CFB exposure that benefit from having a game to spark interest. Some more parity would be proably help also. I don't really care that much either. It just seems like CFB is not as interesting as it once was. But there are other factors to consider too.

Banned

There are big markets with little CFB exposure that benefit from having a game to spark interest. Some more parity would be proably help also. I don't really care that much either. It just seems like CFB is not as interesting as it once was. But there are other factors to consider too.
    Nebraska sucks and has moved into another conference and gutted your nostalgia and taken away rivalry games that existed for a half a century or more.

I’d lose interest if I was you too.

You can’t have parity in the college ball. They already limit the scholarship count and do revenue sharing.

If USC is down it’s because they haven’t hired a good coach since that sleaze all Pete Carroll.

Texas sucks because they hire Charlie Strong and Tom Herman.

FSU went from Jimbo Fisher to two straight bums.

little ol Clemson is a big dog now because of Dabo.

The programs that compete every year are well oiled machine who have great coaches in common.

Ohio States success is directly tied to hall of Fame coaches and infrastructure.

And being in prime recruiting locations doesn’t hurt either.

Look at Florida with Urban Meyer and without.

If Urban wanted the ND job he would have turned them into title contenders yearly. They’d be siphoning recruits from the state of Ohio.

The ABBOTT

^^Agree with all that. Coaching influences success in football more then any other sport. Thats why you see constant turnover even at powerhouse programs when they dont contend regularly.