Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Situation in Egypt

Default Situation in Egypt

I saw the build up to it and peeped a lil bit on the news yesterday. They were saying a leader of the revolts was held up in a mosque and was being detained. But the main thing I got from it was the people had been putting up with corruption and inequality from the same "leader" for over 30 years, (talk about career politicians) so fighting back is only common sense. It was reported there was tens of thousands people in the streets throwing molotov cocktails at armored trucks and what not. It's a long time coming, Palestinians is supposed to be Egypt's peoples and they shaking hands with Israel. The same should happen to Saudi Arabia truth be told. Bunch of fake muslims smoking more cigarettes and drinking than Americans. Anyways, the news reporting how the west is scared it can become an Islamic regime out there that would link with Al Queada just had me shaking my head. ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT AL QUAEDA just like all christian whites out here aren't KKK. The people did all this and arranged it through social networking sites which the government shut down, that's what we should have been doing out here in AZ against all the bs laws that passed but we just take take it up the rear here in Amerikkka

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

I just saw a lil video on it , what is goin on? ^^ I seee
    Last edited by pro.Graveface; 01-29-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

It's all over CNN and other news sites. Been watching it for a couple days now.

I think it is organic - a real uprising FROM THE PEOPLE. Who knows how it would turn out though?

A few facts:

- Israel is worried as they have a peace agreement with Egypt.
    - Egypt is one of USA top allies (ally to a dictator).

Prince Rai

there is general unrest out there. rising food prices and economic uncertainties will rally most people and then coupled with an ineffective shitty leader, you want change.

there will be a dominoe effect....watch

'

i have a feeling no one will give a shit about the situation after two more weeks, just like what happened in Iran.

my price at the pump for gas is going up...because of this

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    i have a feeling no one will give a shit about the situation after two more weeks, just like what happened in Iran.
    Isreal probably will.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

so is this happening in Tunisia and Egypt ?

something big is brewing

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

That's how the news said it.

Egypt apparently took Tunisia's example.

It does not necessarily follow they will be as successful though. Let's see.

It's too bad though that it took 30 years. Smh.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

People in the news keep mentioning 'middle east'.

On which continent is Egypt?

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

AFRICA

a lil off topic

- i had a history teacher who laughed at me when i told him that Egypt was in Africa - up until that time, he was the nicest teacher in the school - true history

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd3y3 View Post
    People in the news keep mentioning 'middle east'.

On which continent is Egypt?
    the middle east is just a name given to that certain region. Israel, Syria, Iran etc etc are all Asian nations, but we dnt start calling them Asian.

the situation Egypt is real and its been building for some time. rising food prices and the lack of development pushed the ppl over the edge.

exactly the same reasons which brought the riots in Tunisia. The Tunisians got rid of the President and are still rioting cause the government still remains in place even though the government has promised to step down after elections.

Egypt is different as its the oldest and biggest Arab country.

Mubarek the President has made peace with Israel and shut the Palestinians up in return for US aid. but Egypt has shown very little development, both economically and socially. all that US aid went into bulking up the Egyptian army and nothing else.

So this made Egypt become just another irrelevant dictatorship in the middle east with little promise for the future.

now everyone is worrying because the only organised opposition in Egypt is the Muslim Brotherhood. who is active in many countries and Hamas is actually the Muslim brotherhoods palestinian version. so if President Mubarek is ousted in the next elections they might win or be part of a coalition government. but even so groups like the muslim brotherhood wont really do much to Egypt or any other country cause they will start their islamic stuff and nothing will happen of Egypt.

the whole events in Egypt and Tunisia should show Americans why the ppl in the middle east dont like them. America preaches freedom and democracy but as long as the countries do as they are told the Americans are more than happy to fully support dictatorships and give them aid.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd3y3 View Post
    It's all over CNN and other news sites. Been watching it for a couple days now.

I think it is organic - a real uprising FROM THE PEOPLE. Who knows how it would turn out though?

A few facts:

- Israel is worried as they have a peace agreement with Egypt.
    - Egypt is one of USA top allies (ally to a dictator).
    Egypt is not one of USA top allies. Egypt is one of the few relatively stable parts of Africa and the Middle East. We like the dictator because we prefer the devil we know to the devil we don't. We'd rather be friends with a douche like Mubarak than some crazy religious person.

Obama made it clear he's pissed at Mubarak and he's only being his friend because it's been convenient in the past. It's becoming clear that this is a liberal movement and that's something the US supports in principle if not yet in action. Washington is neutral. We don't want the religious nuts to take advantage of this situation. If these revolts are just the people tossing out a dictator and putting in a president who represents a pro western/populist thing good. If not we're going to see things get a lot worse in the middle east.

Hopefully this is a lot like the Atlantic Revolutions and will move progressively.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
    there is general unrest out there. rising food prices and economic uncertainties will rally most people and then coupled with an ineffective shitty leader, you want change.

there will be a dominoe effect....watch
    this is already a domino falling from the Tunisia situation

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    Egypt is not one of USA top allies. Egypt is one of the few relatively stable parts of Africa and the Middle East. We like the dictator because we prefer the devil we know to the devil we don't. We'd rather be friends with a douche like Mubarak than some crazy religious person.

Obama made it clear he's pissed at Mubarak and he's only being his friend because it's been convenient in the past. It's becoming clear that this is a liberal movement and that's something the US supports in principle if not yet in action. Washington is neutral. We don't want the religious nuts to take advantage of this situation. If these revolts are just the people tossing out a dictator and putting in a president who represents a pro western/populist thing good. If not we're going to see things get a lot worse in the middle east.

Hopefully this is a lot like the Atlantic Revolutions and will move progressively.
    US ain't neutral. the Us wants Mubarak to stay in power more then anything in the world right now, but dude to 'moral authority' can't come out and say they want the revolution to fail
    if the Us loses egypt the US loses north africa and the wider middle east and islamist will most likely fill the power void