Thread: Wondering on Wednesday ...Camouflage Large Clique vs. Killarmy

Default Wondering on Wednesday ...Camouflage Large Clique vs. Killarmy

Ok ride with me on this one. Lets just say this is fictional and thought up by someone who perhaps has read into it too much.

“ can only be 1 Killarmy ” - killa sin

Back when the wutang clan dropped to the masses “enter the 36 chambers”

On the song -wu-tang:7th Chamber

Raekwon says :

“Word to those camouflage large niggaz”

check the audio clip :
    http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/l9UH6XUq/file.html

Could he be referring to the hip hop crew out of Brooklyn known as

Camouflage Large Clique

who later were being associated with the whole wutang movement.

They dropped two 12’’ one in 1996 & the other in 1997. IMO undeground classics !!

Jump to Killarmy lp release Fear, Love, & War

On the song “Street Monopoly “

Killa sin says:

“Camouflage Large killas, bitin off my squad

Get you no love, but die-hard fans might throw slugs”

check the audio clip :
    http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/soEKMNoj/file.html

THANKS TO HOLLOW DARTZ WHO DISCOVERED THIS LINE BY SHOGUN ASSASSIN FROM THE TRACK " THE HIT "ALSO FROM THE LP FEAR , LOVE , AND WAR

'' Yo put The Hit out, take that faggot nigga and his wannabee thug click out
    Run up in the hide-out with the red beams out
    Hit the switch, turn and buck ya lights out
    Total blackout so no one will see the brains splash out
    As we spaz out, camouflage large, no doubt ''

check the audio clip :
    http://www101.zippyshare.com/v/ByU4GzmK/file.html

1997 was the last year that saw a release from CLC and unfortunately they were never signed to a Major. The group were never really heard from
    (atleast by the names they were using in CLC ) aside from the producers only 3 of the mc’s seemed to have stayed active.

It is fact that CLC & Killarmy did shows together but that does not necessarily mean all was good between them.
    Could there have been a beef or some kind of animosity between the 2 very similar groups ?
    Did Killa Sin have a problem with someone in the group and were his lyrics meant as a warning or maybe
    Wutang Records influence ( wu-tang clan ) and industry ties put an end to any of the momentum CLC was gaining ?

I'm Wondering....
    Last edited by rzatrax; 03-19-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Veteran Member

Props, never associated either lyric with camouflage large...I never knew they did shows with killarmy. Seems plausible

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Sounds like Shogun dissed them on "The Hit"

Yo put The Hit out, take that faggot nigga and his wannabee thug click out
    As we spaz out, camouflage large, no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Sounds like Shogun dissed them on "The Hit"

Yo put The Hit out, take that faggot nigga and his wannabee thug click out
    As we spaz out, camouflage large, no doubt
    Ayo hollow thats a good find and its Shogun this time. There may be more and will be intriguing to see if there is. Keywords obviously any of the 3 from the groups name “camouflage large click , clik , or clique “

Had you already known of this line before or just recently heard it and caught it ? Peace

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    Ayo hollow thats a good find and its Shogun this time. There may be more and will be intriguing to see if there is. Keywords obviously any of the 3 from the groups name “camouflage large click , clik , or clique “

Had you already known of this line before or just recently heard it and caught it ? Peace
    Yeah I caught this line I want to say back in 2016, I was just listening and it hit me like "oh shit", but like you stated I wasn't sure. But when I saw this topic this was the first thing it reminded me of. It does sound like a diss if you listen to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Yeah I caught this line I want to say back in 2016, I was just listening and it hit me like "oh shit", but like you stated I wasn't sure. But when I saw this topic this was the first thing it reminded me of. It does sound like a diss if you listen to the track.
    Thats whats up 2016. I had been curious for years about those lines i quoted above and even thought about bringing it up back when i was going by “wuzapatista” but probably forgot to. But just lately now that ive been living breathing Wu-Tang for so long over 20 YEARS!!!! i want to give back and be active with the community and maybe reveal some old stuff or new stuff along the way to the younger generations. Seeing my son now as a fan is dope. he caught me off guard other morning driving him to school n Cappa on my mp3 n he singing the words to “milk this cow” . Wu-Tang is for the children’s!!!!

hah, that's very interesting... i never knew about this Group Before but i can see the similiarities between them and Killarmy. they had the exact same type of image from the few Pictures i've found.. they seem to have released two 12" singles, both in 1996 and that's it from a Quick search. i came across this article about them too:

https://whatwentrightwith.com/2016/0...-large-clique/

https://www.discogs.com/artist/66198...&type=Releases

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    Thats whats up 2016. I had been curious for years about those lines i quoted above and even thought about bringing it up back when i was going by “wuzapatista” but probably forgot to. But just lately now that ive been living breathing Wu-Tang for so long over 20 YEARS!!!! i want to give back and be active with the community and maybe reveal some old stuff or new stuff along the way to the younger generations. Seeing my son now as a fan is dope. he caught me off guard other morning driving him to school n Cappa on my mp3 n he singing the words to “milk this cow” . Wu-Tang is for the children’s!!!!
    Good to hear lol.

Old School

I'm digging way back into memory here and may be a bit foggy, but I think the reason people thought there was affiliation besides the Raekwon line (which may have just influenced the group's name) is that their Hitmen Holdin' Steel single featured scratching by DJ Goldfinger, who was assumed to be the same as producer Goldfingahs (Scott Kinchen). Goldfingahs VERY BRIEFLY came on the Wu-Tang scene in the same year (1996), producing a couple of tracks under the Wu-Tang Productions umbrella.

these tracks are dope

shout out to rzatrax for bringing this topic to the fore and to claaa for the link with all the CLC tracks

I aint mad at these dudes only throwing up a semi W

suuuuuuu
    Retired.

btw the YT suggestions led me to groups called Microphone Assassins AND Microphone Terrorists after listening to CLC. never heard of em but kind of in the same vein and that good good too

peep this dope playlist btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1k...1kjoJUO5A&t=85 some great tracks on there!
    Retired.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

So were they affiliated with Wu or not? Because if not, I don’t think you could do a better job imitating the Wu style than they did. It also makes a lot of the things said in the intro to Triumph, relevant to them.