Thread: Another preview of "The Flood"

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Yeah...this should be good. Looks like the track list has changed a few times as I don't think any (at least some) of these tracks are not listed on discogs

Damn that first track with the Clan sounded flames! This is what Preachers Daughter from ABT should have sounded like! Another example of samples sounding better than replaying shit!!

Peace!

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    Damn that first track with the Clan sounded flames! This is what Preachers Daughter from ABT should have sounded like! Another example of samples sounding better than replaying shit!!

Peace!
    I know right.
    I can't stand that Preacher's track... worst on ABT.
    It sounds completely different on this though... love how Meth, Masta and GFK interweave.
    Perhaps Shaka Amazulu should exec the next Clan album (as long as he doesn't spit his boat fresh bars on it).

nada ignorante

Is this supposed to be a new album or what?
    N.I.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Is this supposed to be a new album or what?
    No. Shaka never does albums. He just has a random catalogue of dope tracks with amazing and seemingly impossible to attain features with even the most obscurest of Wu fam. He slaps on titles and release dates... but they never do (get released). They just remain on his bandcamp as snippets for posterity (and for prick teasing Wu fans).

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Im still trying to understand how someone can enjoy listening to Holocaust. Call the flow unique or abstract but it sounds like the end of an infomercial or radio ad where they speed read through all the side effects before the 30 second time slot is up....there's nothing smooth or rhythmic about it.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

When people think of him, they think more of his battle rap style. You are thinking of his Warcloud era stuff, still dope, but most people prefer his old style and would damn near kill to get any unreleased tracks from his battle rap phase..

Knowledge Seeker

Holocaust was on pace to be one of the greatest rappers ever, then he changed his name/style completely. Dirty Weaponry, The Swarm, those Wake Up show freestyles with Black Knights are next level. DDD is correct, when the Purple Hearts snippet was leaked as a full track a couple of years ago it was like Christmas, even though I think it was just one verse from him.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TommySuits View Post
    Call the flow unique or abstract but it sounds like the end of an infomercial or radio ad where they speed read through all the side effects before the 30 second time slot is up....there's nothing smooth or rhythmic about it.
    LMAO, unfortunately this is extremely accurate.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by joebananas View Post
    when the Purple Hearts snippet was leaked as a full track a couple of years ago it was like Christmas, even though I think it was just one verse from him.
    Most excited I had been about anything music related in a very long time