• 3/5

12 19.35%
  • 4/5

24 38.71%
  • 5/5

19 30.65%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest - Behind The Stained Glass

ok so i should have given more time before i reviewed this....every track shines lyrically so much that it's just overwhelming and takes time to digest. every time i listen, i hear something i didnt hear before. the mark of a truly great piece of art.

i went to chambermusik to read some of the lyrics, in order to take it all in. damn they make mad mistakes when transcribing lyrics. i don't know how someone could hear the words so differently. im sure it's just a fan doing it quickly, i guess i should shut up since i definitly dont have time to sit and type all those words up...

but does anybody else wonder about what priest is talking about on a couple occasions?? he seems to definitly be airing out some feelings he has about certain characters .... does anybody have any theories? like that reporter lady says at the end of the beloved...."what are you talking about in profits of a man?"

i have a lot of questions about certain lyrics, i might make a thread about it in the lyrics section soon for discussion.
    "We Agreed To Send One To Swim From Lost To Found."

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaidDate420 View Post

and in the end you said...

"Nothing too special about this joint. Priest is on his spiritual mode so don't expect no punchlines or battle raps...../"

DAMN!! i think the fact that he on his spiritual mode is what makes this album special. i would be extremely disapointed if the follow-up record to the offering was filled with punchlines and battle raps. shit would sound ridiculous after the knowledge he dropped in his past couple projects (black market, maccabeez, the offering). i think it's best to let priest follow his heart and make the music he wants to make......except.....

WITH ILLER BEATS !!!! (something we can all agree on, so it seems.)
    Well what i meant by nothing special is like battle raps and the other type shit, you won't hear " I roll with killers, tigers, gorillaz, faces like godzilla" shit, his spiritual shit is dope though.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
    BEATS AnD RhymeS Was ILL!!!!! All of em.

THis is better than Heavy Mental IMO.

"God's TIme" is the illest Beat.
    LOL.

See The problem i have with artist like Killah priest & Hell razah is that their Mixtapes & Compilations are better than 8/10 of their albums.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I felt like the Offering Mixtapes was fuckin Fire and then when the Offering Dropped I was like WTF is this shit. I still wont keep a copy of that album (the offering) anywhere.

I like how he discusses his sister and almost Like therapy , he deals with that shit. He aint talkin to us though while he resolves that and thats whats dope. He shows you how to change ur life. THAT iS ILL!!!!!!!!!!

I love this album.....just copped an hour ago....I'm on "I Am" and it's the only beat I'm not feelin...CD's lookin' like a 5/5...still got the second half to bump now

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
    I felt like the Offering Mixtapes was fuckin Fire and then when the Offering Dropped I was like WTF is this shit. I still wont keep a copy of that album (the offering) anywhere.

Why even post

heart to heart

Default this shit is dope no lie shits fire!!!!!!!!!!!

look its been almost 2weeks. im still hearing dope lines noooo 1 but priest could do.. redemption /gods time / i am/ the beloved messenger/ all thoes get me high as hell...and o emmanuel i roll a fat one and just zone the fuck out this shit is 5/5 because after awhile i respect the album for what it is i dont even think offering 2 anymore peace..........

I love the dark theme to this album. Yes, these aren't the best beats, but it flows with the album. I would review it more, but looks like some heads already did that for me...NoSaidDate420, Hollow Dartz, etc. (props for those reviews too)

Top 5: 4 Tomorrow, Profits Of Man, The Beloved (The Messenger), O Emmanuel, The End Is Coming

Overall Grade: (3.7/5) B+

O Emmanuel and The end is coming are the sickest so far.

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

I'm currently listening to this album, and I like it!!! Beats r not special, they could be way too better, but I like them, and lyrics r really ill. Looks like KP was in some spiritual mood while dropping this shyt, tho' I like this dark themes on this album album!!! But still, beats could be better, he could bring some guest spots and few other thing r reason I will vote 4/5!!!

Peace...................
    -suuuuuu///

this is one of the most illest cd's that will never get credit. Bless priest he came through I see nothing wrong with any of these tracks. Redemtion, 4tommorrow are ill mad spiritual
    Profits of Man is another of priest jewels. ''I am'' is on some mortal kombat type shit. this basically shines throughtout. If you a priest fan than you will see nothing wrong with this. Keep in mind pt. 2 is on the way.

This album is like
    PURE BLUE FIRE!

Killah Priest has once again proven to be
    (Argue-ably and in my Personal opinion)

THE WORLD'S GREATEST RAPPER!
    RZA, GZA, and Dirty trained him well!

His Chamber is UNRIVALED!

Jay-Z, Little Wayne, Jeezy, Kanye West,Nelly, 50 Cent,...ect...

NO ONE CAN STAND UP TO KING MASADA!
    NO ONE!!!

Keep @ it Priest!!!

Death Poet

I liked this album better then The offering. It's so mellow and deep. Good album to zone out to.

Killah Priest always comes correct

-Some of my favorites from the album are Profits of Man, Looking Glass, O Emmanuel(Zoom) and The End is Coming. I thought that some of the weaker tracks were A Crying Heart and The World

-Where is the sample from on the song 'I Believe'? I like that voice.

-Any info on Allah Sun? It says R.I.P. in the insert booklet, and Priest also says it in the Looking Glass song.

Also, any info about Victorious?

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    -Some of my favorites from the album are Profits of Man, Looking Glass, O Emmanuel(Zoom) and The End is Coming. I thought that some of the weaker tracks were A Crying Heart and The World

-Where is the sample from on the song 'I Believe'? I like that voice.

-Any info on Allah Sun? It says R.I.P. in the insert booklet, and Priest also says it in the Looking Glass song.

Also, any info about Victorious?
    Yeah, Allah Sun is dead! (R.I.P.) It also says on chambermusik killa beez list that he is dead!

P.E.A.C.E.