Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who own high end cars (Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Cadillac)

{>____<}

Default For those of you who own high end cars (Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Cadillac)

In these violent times, do you find it difficult to afford your car? Cut hrs, lost employment, bills piling up, etc. Is it worth it?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Where's Radioactive Man?

I never liked the high end cars like the ones you listed because it is so difficult to get parts at an affordable price.

I never had a car payment. Always paid cash and bought my cars used.

Luxury to me is a Lexus or Acura or Toyota 4runner/truck or an old muscle car. Nice but I can still gets parts easy and do most of my own repairs and maintenance.

In these unpredictable times I wouldn't take on an expensive new car payment unless you have good job security.

Also I used to make my cars bling with rims and custom paint jobs and expensive stereo systems but now I see the advantage to being able to just blend in, keep the stock wheels, go unnoticed. I still go dark tint though.

One day I'd like to finish restoring my '70 chevelle when I have more time and spare money. It needs to be reupholstered, needs tune up, needs new clear coat, some small bits of rust to address, new window thresholds...

Banned

Ironman, you still haven’t paid off your Pontiac Grand Am??

The ABBOTT

The key to affording these vehicles is to not have an insane mortage/rent payment. I know to many that got that 2 to 3 grand mortage payment. Got way more house then they need. Cant even to afford to furnish the whole thing. I dont have a luxury vehicle, but do own a newer suv and truck. And got a sedan that will be paid for before the end of the year. But not having debt every else make it possible.

Sorry for what might seem like a dumb question but does car ownership get taxed in the US? You see over here it does. Luckily it's not a progressive tax, if you owned 3 cars like b-dolo you'd pay the same tax 3 times over, not more.

The taxes are supposed to go to road maintenance but are clearly used in other government departments.

@Sense-A : nice Chevelle

My parents were 'late' drivers. They were well in their thirties when they learned how to drive. Because of money being tight they went w/ 3rd or 4th hand muscle cars. (This was before muscle cars became expensive.) They owned 3 Opel Mantas in a row, a muscle car with a doubtful reputation in the public eye, but actually a nice car.

I don't drive (distances here are much more limited, especially in the city), which saves me about $450 a month or slightly more in car down payments, gas, taxes and insurances.

Ironman, I do not know any people down here who have changed car models or just plain sold their car without getting another one. The only exception being couples who own 2 cars. One car gets sold and traded in for a cheaper one or a motorcycle. Losing the 2nd car altogether is mostly a no go because couples who have 2 cars here only go this route because their jobs are in very different places, not because they want a nice extra car for the weekend.

Btw a lot of companies provide a company issued car where you can decide on your own model from a large catalog (mostly sedans). It's part of job payment and a way for people to avoid car taxes and insurance, as the company pays for those.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-15-2020 at 12:50 AM.

The ABBOTT

I have to pay taxes yearly on each vehicle. Plus sales tax when purchased. Tax on any service to the vehicle. The U.S are the Michael Jordan of taxing their citizens. I wish I could say the roads are paved with gold and paying the taxes was worth it. But in the past i had to make repairs to vehicle based solely on poor road conditions in this country.

That's a lot of taxes, more than I had expected.

Banned

Some states tax their vehicles each year. I know West Virginia does. They fall into “property tax” there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    Some states tax their vehicles each year. I know West Virginia does. They fall into “property tax” there
    So your saying you live in your car in West Virginia.

Cool man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    States with annual inspections are horrible. They will nick you for stupid shit not up to snuff. Wiper blades, tread, a pinhole in your exhaust, maybe even tint or head light adjustments. After you pay out of pocket for the fixin', the annual inspection fee, and registration tags they will probably bring up parking tickets.

Glad I don't deal with that shit anymore.
    What the fuck?

As far as I know all we have to do is get an e check and that’s free now. And stickers for the plates every year.

Property taxes on my cars are only about $25-$50 per year. Insurance is about $700 every 6 months for liability.

Thank God my state doesn't require car inspections. What a waste those were.

Add this to a long list of reasons why red Republican states are better than your blue demoKKKrat riot/rat infested shitholes. Until you change the way you vote, stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    So your saying you live in your car in West Virginia.

Cool man.
    West Virginia gets too much undeserved hate. It's like a slept on underground hip hop album that no one listened to because of poor marketing and a boring album cover.

It's one of the most free states in the union. And I can fuck with some 3 string barefoot banjo bluegrass music. One shot of moonshine gets you more drunk than a 12pack of watered down domestic beer with a lot less pissing.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Where's Radioactive Man?
    I believe Grave owns several high ends cars. Porsche is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    Ironman, you still haven’t paid off your Pontiac Grand Am??
    Thats Grand Am GT is gone. Ford Fusion Sport paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    The key to affording these vehicles is to not have an insane mortage/rent payment. I know to many that got that 2 to 3 grand mortage payment. Got way more house then they need. Cant even to afford to furnish the whole thing. I dont have a luxury vehicle, but do own a newer suv and truck. And got a sedan that will be paid for before the end of the year. But not having debt every else make it possible.
    Good to know that you have no car payments.

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    States with annual inspections are horrible. They will nick you for stupid shit not up to snuff. Wiper blades, tread, a pinhole in your exhaust, maybe even tint or head light adjustments. After you pay out of pocket for the fixin', the annual inspection fee, and registration tags they will probably bring up parking tickets.

Glad I don't deal with that shit anymore.
    In Michigan, we only have registration to worry about.

I know some people are leasing/buying cars that they can't afford. 25% interest on a car loan is insane. People purchasing German cars but can't afford the maintenance is even worse.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Insurance is about $700 every 6 months.
    that sounds a bit high. How many accidents have you had in your Uncle Jesse pickup truck

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    West Virginia gets too much undeserved hate. It's like a slept on underground hip hop album that no one listened to because of poor marketing and a boring album cover.

It's one of the most free states in the union. One shot of moonshine gets you more drunk than a 12pack of watered down domestic beer with a lot less pissing.
    ]
    I used to do an overnight once a week for work in WV. There was a bar I’d go to all the time and these banjo playing retards must have realized I was from Pittsburgh because I had more than 3 teeth and wasn’t wearing wranglers. Well they begged me to bring them a case of yuengling the following week because even yuengling wants nothing to do with you backwards fucks. They said they would trade me for some moonshine. But I wasn’t falling for their rape fantasy.