Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who own high end cars (Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Cadillac)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    West Virginia gets too much undeserved hate. It's like a slept on underground hip hop album that no one listened to because of poor marketing and a boring album cover.

It's one of the most free states in the union. And I can fuck with some 3 string barefoot banjo bluegrass music. One shot of moonshine gets you more drunk than a 12pack of watered down domestic beer with a lot less pissing.

I’ve driven through WV many times and used to always stop at Tamarac rest stop.
    Or Breezewood but that might be PA I’m not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    that sounds a bit high. How many accidents have you had in your Uncle Jesse pickup truck

I used to do an overnight once a week for work in WV. There was a bar I’d go to all the time and these banjo playing retards must have realized I was from Pittsburgh because I had more than 3 teeth and wasn’t wearing wranglers. Well they begged me to bring them a case of yuengling the following week because even yuengling wants nothing to do with you backwards fucks. They said they would trade me for some moonshine. But I wasn’t falling for their rape fantasy.
    That's insurance for 3 cars though. Total. It would be half that much if I only had one car. Insurance costs differ a bit from state to state. Insurance companies usually run actuary models based on each state's laws and accident rates, etc. Each state has different minimum coverage requirements.

Pittsburgh? Man you're in a strict commonwealth state. I did some time in a PA prison before. And it wasn't easy time either. They got you waking up at 5am to do labor. I think I barely escaped having to do work at a landfill and got kitchen duty.

Outside of the negative stereotypes that everyone in WV is missing teeth and is incest, it really is a beautiful state. Lots of mountains and land undeveloped. Good hunting and fishing. Low taxes. Gambling is legal. Strip clubs are legal. Not much regulation. Like I said before in another thread. It's not where I'd go to start a career or try to meet women. A buddy of mine went up there and did some white water rafting and had a blast.

I'd prefer WV over VA or PA or MD. Fuck the commonwealth states.

I'm going to have to make a thread about Hillbilly Blood, one of my favorite shows of all time.

If I didn't have any kids and fam and a mortgage and job all anchoring me down, I'd probably consider moving to Tennessee. Great music, food, attractive women, low taxes, Republican.

Too many bitchy limp-wristed pseudo-liberal demoKKKrat regressive neo-marxists have infiltrated where i live now which has me working on an exit plan before I go Pee Wee Gaskins on them.

Pee Wee Gaskins murdered like 50 people around where I live now. They could never find the bodies cuz he always fed them to alligators or buried them in the swamp. And when you can't find the body you can't prove someone is actually dead. So he always got away.

Me doing 100 in the Ack Legend

Everything is tightly packed under the hood of the Legend. This car isn't as easy to work on. Inline 6. Mine is manual 5 speed. (They have highly coveted 6 speed versions). Large support community online, lots of custom aftermarket parts. Even have Legend car clubs. Mine is all factory but I do want to update the stereo system.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 09-16-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Banned

What the he’ll does a commonwealth state mean? What’s the difference....

Strange places those original 13 states...

{>____<}

I did some time in a PA prison before. And it wasn't easy time either.

Outside of the negative stereotypes that everyone in WV is missing teeth and is incest, it really is a beautiful state. Lots of mountains and land undeveloped. Good hunting and fishing. Low taxes. Gambling is legal. Strip clubs are legal. Not much regulation. Like I said before in another thread. It's not where I'd go to start a career or try to meet women. A buddy of mine went up there and did some white water rafting and had a blast.
    I've been through WV and it was nice. The people seemed decent. Most outsiders do not know how to drive through mountains. Lol. Don't apply brakes down mountains. Downshift!!!!

Me doing 100 in the Ack Legend

87,000 miles? Nice.

So, it's you, Art, Grave, and a few others who own high end cars. Nice. My dream is an either a BMW M3 or Mercedes E63 AMG.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 09-16-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

I no longer have a high-end car. It’s not worth it unless you have real money to burn. I do too much driving to have anything nice. They lose their value to quick. My current company covers the cost of my car, insurance and gas, for what I have now. They wouldn’t be doing that if I had something expensive.

Everything for me now is about investing money in my house. Interest rates are so low, everyone should be looking to buy a house or remortgage their loan if they haven’t already.

The deal with high end cars is don't be suckered in by dealers with their fancy words. Research the cars, know what it's all about and search the market like crazy for a good deal.

Nothing wrong with running high end vehicles, get a good one and it will treat you fine. As for payments well it's all to do with budget. Set a budget and do not go over it. If you search the market well you should find a good deal. Financing is an issue, I mean if your not smart about it the dealer will fuck you over. There are even some dealers who do not accept you pay full in cash, they want you to go on finance which is bonkers but it's the way the industry is. Best way I say is to find a car private, go get a loan from your bank and buy it like that. Unless ofcourse your good pals with a dealer and he will get you the best deals out there and not try to screw you over. That's a different story though.

The only issue you will have when running these cars is servicing costs as you can get easily screwed over there. Just yearly check ups can cost a fortune with some car manufacturers.

{>____<}

I no longer have a high-end car. It’s not worth it unless you have real money to burn. I do too much driving to have anything nice. They lose their value to quick. My current company covers the cost of my car, insurance and gas, for what I have now. They wouldn’t be doing that if I had something expensive.

Everything for me now is about investing money in my house. Interest rates are so low, everyone should be looking to buy a house or remortgage their loan if they haven’t already.
    Ok. I understand. Cars are nothing more than an expense, not an investment unless it's a super car with low miles.

Our house is slowly but surely getting repaired. The porch getting repaired this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    The deal with high end cars is don't be suckered in by dealers with their fancy words. Research the cars, know what it's all about and search the market like crazy for a good deal.

Nothing wrong with running high end vehicles, get a good one and it will treat you fine. As for payments well it's all to do with budget. Set a budget and do not go over it. If you search the market well you should find a good deal. Financing is an issue, I mean if your not smart about it the dealer will fuck you over. There are even some dealers who do not accept you pay full in cash, they want you to go on finance which is bonkers but it's the way the industry is. Best way I say is to find a car private, go get a loan from your bank and buy it like that. Unless ofcourse your good pals with a dealer and he will get you the best deals out there and not try to screw you over. That's a different story though.

The only issue you will have when running these cars is servicing costs as you can get easily screwed over there. Just yearly check ups can cost a fortune with some car manufacturers.
    I can purchase either a BMW M3/M5 or Audi S4 but the maintenance costs will kill me in the end. It's not worth it unless I purchase a good warranty.

Good solid advice, Han.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I can purchase either a BMW M3/M5 or Audi S4 but the maintenance costs will kill me in the end. It's not worth it unless I purchase a good warranty.

Good solid advice, Han.
    Maintenance on them isn't that bad, it's just servicing costs which are a pain because the dealerships make money that way. Ideally you would want them serviced at dealerships so when it comes to selling you can say its been taken good care of. I don't know about the Audi S4 but I know the RS6 is incredibly difficult to fix and it's to do with the fact that if something goes wrong the mechanics have to remove the front end of the car. It's not like they are prone to failure, for some reason Audi just made it difficult to reach certain places on the car. The S4 though is a great car, I always prefer modern Audi's to modern BMW's. Honestly you can't go wrong with either. S4 or M5 for me. Can't say I'm a fan of the new M3/M4's. You can get a very good F10 BMW M5 now though, if you can find a good one it's a no brainer.

You could always buy a Ferrari and get that 7 years free servicing and warranty lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Worked with a private auto broker. He brought me multiple models/trim/colors to try out at my door step. Also one time he picked me up after a dental cleaning for a test drive. It was hilarious. Good guy.. "friend of a friend" and he probably made $600-$800 commission or whatever. I never stepped foot onto a dealership and signed all the documents at my door step. His jaw dropped when he asked me if I could manage a $2K - $3K down payment and I said 25K.
    That's how it is though. My dealer's given me cars to drive for free. Just to try for a month and see if I wanted to buy. All I pay for is insurance for a month and running costs. This way I've tried out a lot of cars and it makes owning one hard cause I get bored of it quick.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Worked with a private auto broker. He brought me multiple models/trim/colors to try out at my door step. Also one time he picked me up after a dental cleaning for a test drive. It was hilarious. Good guy.. "friend of a friend" and he probably made $600-$800 commission or whatever. I never stepped foot onto a dealership and signed all the documents at my door step. His jaw dropped when he asked me if I could manage a $2K - $3K down payment and I said 25K.
    Smart! I'll try this because car salemans can be snake oil at times. There are so many rules when it comes to purchasing a car.

1. Never say that you're paying cash. They'll charge you the highest price and won't provide a good deal.

2. Never say that you're driving out-of-state to buy a car. It could lead to a bait and switch.

3. Don't get stuck on a certain car. They can take advantage of you that way.

4. Appear very confident and well informed. If you appear nervous, they'll try to bully you.

5. Negotiating is not a skill everyone is good with. If the won't work with you on a deal, just leave.

6. Very be desperate. If your car is on its last leg, don't tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Maintenance on them isn't that bad, it's just servicing costs which are a pain because the dealerships make money that way. Ideally you would want them serviced at dealerships so when it comes to selling you can say its been taken good care of. I don't know about the Audi S4 but I know the RS6 is incredibly difficult to fix and it's to do with the fact that if something goes wrong the mechanics have to remove the front end of the car. It's not like they are prone to failure, for some reason Audi just made it difficult to reach certain places on the car. The S4 though is a great car, I always prefer modern Audi's to modern BMW's. Honestly you can't go wrong with either. S4 or M5 for me. Can't say I'm a fan of the new M3/M4's. You can get a very good F10 BMW M5 now though, if you can find a good one it's a no brainer.

You could always buy a Ferrari and get that 7 years free servicing and warranty lol.
    Yeah. Ferrari servicing is a nightmare if an owner doesn't have a warranty.

I'm like Art when it comes to driving. I drive way too much for work and family. If I can get an S4 with good miles and an excellent warranty, then I'll take it. No question. If not, 2019 Ford Fusion Sport would be the next option.

I had a hell of a time with the truck this weekend.

So last week the AC belt broke. I figured out that the hose coming from the top of the radiator cap to the overflow tank was punctured and sprayed hot antifreeze onto the belts, causing the AC belt to break off.

So I got a new AC belt and Power steering belt and planned on fixing it this weekend.

But Friday the engine began running hot so I figured now I have to fix the overheating problem first since that will be catastrophic if now fixed. Note here. If you see the temp gauge go into the red, turn off the road and shut everything down immediately. Trying to make it to the next exit or continuing to drive with a red lined temp gauge is going to warp your valves and burn up your gaskets. You'll destroy your engine. Open the hood and blast the heat inside the car to pull out heat from engine bay.

First I replaced the radiator cap figuring the old one might not be keeping the pressure in the system. A pressurized system has a higher boiling temperature. If the radiator cap is releasing too much pressure, it lowers the boiling point and you get overheating. Sure enough, the old radiator cap was cracked underneath, but I wasn't positive if it was releasing pressure or not. A cheap $12 fix nevertheless.

Truck overheats again. Fuck. Okay let's try thermostat next. Another $12 and some antifreeze.

I took the old thermostat out. Spilled the old radiator fluid on the driveway so I can help contribute to climate change and hope a dog licks it up and dies.

Noticed that the old thermostat had an old gasket in there as well as the one on the old thermostat, which may have been tangling with the spring mechanism or preventing the thermostat from entirely closing.

Note: The aftermarket thermostat is not as good quality as the OEM part.

Put in a gallon fresh asian Toyota red coolant (not the cheap green shit).

Still overheating. WTF? Realized that 1 gallon wasn't enough. Put in another 3/4 gallon and now I'm running cool again!

On to the serpentine belts. Getting the power steering belt off was a bitch. One 14mm bolt in particular. I couldn't get a socket wrench in a couple places. Realized I'd be working all day using old school wrenches. Went to harbor freight and got this for $8 after a 20% off coupon.

The blue 14mm wrench made the job possible in less than 1 hour. Engine was still hot. I burned my arm and knuckles loosening the pulley tensioner bolts. An Obama/Biden supporter would have cried like a bitch and taken it to a mechanic and then went to the ER for burns. Big dick Republicans do what it takes to get the job done.

Now my truck is cooling better than it used to (I installed a thermostat that opens 10 degrees lower), has fresh antifreeze, and new serpentine belts. Running cool and the AC is cold.

Spent less than $50 total and thanked the Good Lord I didn't have to do a water pump change (which would take me all weekend). Took the kids out for ice cream to celebrate my hard work. I'm going to go back to harbor freight and pick up the SAE pack of ratcheting wrenches. These have bends in them which worked in this case. I'd like a set of straight arm ones too. Damn the things make loosening bolts in tight places so much easier when you can't get a socket wrench in there.

I'd show you pictures but my phone digitizer is busted. Expecting the part to arrive Tuesday so I can take my phone apart again.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 09-20-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Banned

Smart! I'll try this because car salemans can be snake oil at times. There are so many rules when it comes to purchasing a car.

1. Never say that you're paying cash. They'll charge you the highest price and won't provide a good deal.

2. Never say that you're driving out-of-state to buy a car. It could lead to a bait and switch.

3. Don't get stuck on a certain car. They can take advantage of you that way.

4. Appear very confident and well informed. If you appear nervous, they'll try to bully you.

5. Negotiating is not a skill everyone is good with. If the won't work with you on a deal, just leave.

6. Very be desperate. If your car is on its last leg, don't tell them.

I did similar sales a while back. The big thing they do is try to pin you down to a payment. Ask you what you are comfortable paying, and they try to get you under that number. Obviously, know what your budget is, but don’t overpay for a car just because they stretch the terms of the loan to get you under your monthly budget. They’ll try to use your own words against you. “But you said if I could get your monthly payment below X, we’d be doing this deal.”

When buying a new car, typically it’s a waste of money to buy an extended warranty. 4 out of 5 times, you lose money because the repairs don’t end up costing as much as the warranty. When you add the price of the warranty into the loan, it comes out to be around 15-25 per month. If you just save that money in a seperate account every month, you will be able to pay for just about any repair you need if something happens after the factory warranty runs out. And if you don’t have anything go wrong, you have a nice down payment to put on your next car.

Banned

I did similar sales a while back. The big thing they do is try to pin you down to a payment. Ask you what you are comfortable paying, and they try to get you under that number. Obviously, know what your budget is, but don’t overpay for a car just because they stretch the terms of the loan to get you under your monthly budget. They’ll try to use your own words against you. “But you said if I could get your monthly payment below X, we’d be doing this deal.”

When buying a new car, typically it’s a waste of money to buy an extended warranty. 4 out of 5 times, you lose money because the repairs don’t end up costing as much as the warranty. When you add the price of the warranty into the loan, it comes out to be around 15-25 per month. If you just save that money in a seperate account every month, you will be able to pay for just about any repair you need if something happens after the factory warranty runs out. And if you don’t have anything go wrong, you have a nice down payment to put on your next car.
    Yea you better know your shit or they’ll try to stick it to you. I like catching them in a “lie”. I enjoy making it alittle uncomfortable if they lie about fair market value. Let them go back and “talk to their manager” and if you don’t get your price walk out. They may call you back in a day, they make lower it just to make you stay. They may not.

I’ve dealt with some dudes that straight hooked me up and I think they did something shady and I’ve dealt with dudes who are pricks and won’t budge.

The key is never go In that day with the expectation you’re gonna buy something.

Banned

I believe Grave owns several high ends cars. Porsche is one of them.

yeah, and george costanza has a place in The Hamptons.

Banned

yeah, and george costanza has a place in The Hamptons.

Prickly Porsche