Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What you goys think about the UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME?

Banned

I heard Yang on Joe Rogan's podcast. He didn't impress me. It will be interesting to see how the UBI plays out in the future, but his idea of just giving everyone $1,000 right now is just stupid. He cites Alaska as an example, but that's because Alaska needs people to move there and they make a lot of money off their oil. Giving every scumbag in Kentucky, Alabama and Kansas with a meth addiction is not going to help anybody.

Banned

Didn’t W already try this with those surplus checks?

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

it's terrible. people are just going to spend most of their money on video games or other unnecessary things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Didn’t W already try this with those surplus checks?

Quote Originally Posted by spammy sosa View Post
    it's terrible. people are just going to spend most of their money on video games or other unnecessary things.

I think the premise for pushing it is false but I don't like people trying to regulate what other ppl spend it on.

Banned

Bobs starts talking politics, makes sense provides facts...

Darryl tries to ride the coattails of his intellect and control his seething hatred for what Bob is saying by projecting it on the rest of us wu Corp sloths.

Including an old vet like me.

encouraging baby mamas to pop out more rejects. just what is needed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    encouraging baby mamas to pop out more rejects. just what is needed.

only if the Terminator would have been able to stop your mom from fucking 40 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I dont really by tech douche 'the future' gimmicks and anyone that thinks 'the robots are going to take over' is an actual thing. Let alone issue to cast a vote probably wets their hair backwards and listens to penile affirmations.
    The example a lot of futurists (tech douches) use which makes perfect sense is about horses. Horses were used for travel for thousands of years then cars were invented and within literally 20 years everybody fucked off the horses. The same thing is going to happen with cars and automated vehicles. At a certain point new technology just becomes better than the old thing. And thats just one industry which employs millions worldwide, its going to happen in other industries.

I don't think many people are seriously saying AI will take over, but its obviously going to become a bigger part of our lives as the internet of things and smart cities become standard. Tech companies and governments are funnelling billions into the AI industry right now, so its on its way.

Its interesting about the Trump thing. More actual people voted for Hillary in 2016, it was close. For as many people who are sticking to their guns with Trump, there's a lot of younger voters and people who didn't vote in 2016 who will come out in 2020. Its not a given that Trump will win, although the democrats seem equally as ridiculous as Trumps cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    The example a lot of futurists (tech douches) use which makes perfect sense is about horses. Horses were used for travel for thousands of years then cars were invented and within literally 20 years everybody fucked off the horses. The same thing is going to happen with cars and automated vehicles. At a certain point new technology just becomes better than the old thing. And thats just one industry which employs millions worldwide, its going to happen in other industries.

I don't think many people are seriously saying AI will take over, but its obviously going to become a bigger part of our lives as the internet of things and smart cities become standard. Tech companies and governments are funnelling billions into the AI industry right now, so its on its way.

Its interesting about the Trump thing. More actual people voted for Hillary in 2016, it was close. For as many people who are sticking to their guns with Trump, there's a lot of younger voters and people who didn't vote in 2016 who will come out in 2020. Its not a given that Trump will win, although the democrats seem equally as ridiculous as Trumps cabinet.
    kindaaa. I don't think cars replaced horses, they replaced feet. Horses were for rich people with a lot of property. Everyone else used their feet or bikes. I think AI will be a bigger part of our lives but we're in a service economy and few of our jobs are tied to actual volume production. Most people in developed economies are paying for a product and a human interaction.

There are economies that are ahead of us with automation like South Korea, and they have found that automation is adapted when there's a lack of human capital (unemployment is too low). When people are available companies have still opted for a person despite the government incentives them to automate there. They're at (last I checked ) 2.1% unemployment and when it starts to increase, automation adaptation rates start decreasing.

As far as cars and horses, People still ride horses. There are 2.1 million horse owners (no saying how many each owns) in the country and 7.1 million people are 'involved' in the horse industry. Few things are ever really phased out. They are improved on, or if a new thing comes that does the exact same thing better, then they find another 'role'. There are also underlying factors that cause people to use certain things that we ignore because humans aren't practical. Horse ownership was never about getting around, it was about flexing. Even when adopted for war it was the cash money rich niggas using it, it was their way of saying we're cash money rich niggas, and 90% of the horses life was spent off the battlefield being used to flex.

So if someone starts a business, there's often an element of 'i want to control people' that motivates them. A lot of people mark their success by getting ppl on their pay role. These people 'can' automate, but they don't, and if they do it's a desperate last resort. People can get food from a vending machine but they want to go to a restaurant and have a cute whore treat them like they're worthwhile. This is a more realistic and consistent motivation than 'i want to get my food as efficiently as possible', and 'i want to control a fleet of cute whores' is a more realistic motivation than 'i want people to get food as efficient as possible'.

If anything, the increased isolation brought on by technology has led to businesses having to invest more in their 'human' element because people are now paying to be treated with consideration more than ever. hench Chic-Fil-A fucking bracc'n right now. idk if you know what that is because you're in Russia or whatever.

If we actually did what technology allows us to do on an efficiency and logical level, we would have phase out a lot of shit a long time ago. Service economies primarily focus resources on helping people cope with the existential depression of their shit life. So if there's a machine that gives you icecream cool, but people are actually paying to see another person, have that fuck nigga give you an icecream cone then lick it while staring at all the other icecream niggas because that's what we do god.
    Last edited by TSA; 07-31-2019 at 12:28 PM.

The tech industry is a bubble. It's a bunch of people that think alike at one wing and they're usually old stem lords with whatever Jasper has. Ironically, they're late adapters for technology (that they're not selling). The other wing, which is much smaller and much louder, are libertarians and futurist. This wing makes it's money from being loud. Getting everyone to think they have seen the future and putting money on them for having this ability. Because everyone moves towards that industry thinking it's the key to 'future money', there's a big loud portion of it dedicated to making noise and crystal ball reading.

When they make these calculations, their mild autism causes them to think everyone is like them and everyone is excited by technology that doesn't immediately lead to masturbation and social pea-cocking. this is an industry that is yet to learn that humanity isn't rational, so the estimations people like Yang make about automation are based on the idea that everyone is trying to be as efficient as possible. I'm working, but I'm also on a wutang forum ego-self serving by getting my rocks off about automation like I know anything. I don't give a fuck if you make a fucking laser that allows me to type all of this shit by blinking. I specifically chose to get my rocks off in this way and that's what I want to do. if people thought like stemlords think they think everyone would be wearing a white shirt, living in an efficiency den, and eating their food via pill.

infact, the tech industry now has a fascination with condensing food into pills and just swallowing because it's more logical than eating in their dumb ass mind. It's a huge thing. thie libertarian wing of the industry, everyone else wants to get a nice juice steak and a cold brew on Wednesdays, served by a lil bitch or two.

kindaaa. I don't think cars replaced horses, they replaced feet. Horses were for rich people with a lot of property. Everyone else used their feet or bikes. I think AI will be a bigger part of our lives but we're in a service economy and few of our jobs are tied to actual volume production. Most people in developed economies are paying for a product and a human interaction.

There are economies that are ahead of us with automation like South Korea, and they have found that automation is adapted when there's a lack of human capital (unemployment is too low). When people are available companies have still opted for a person despite the government incentives them to automate there. They're at (last I checked ) 2.1% unemployment and when it starts to increase, automation adaptation rates start decreasing.

As far as cars and horses, People still ride horses. There are 2.1 million horse owners (no saying how many each owns) in the country and 7.1 million people are 'involved' in the horse industry. Few things are ever really phased out. They are improved on, or if a new thing comes that does the exact same thing better, then they find another 'role'. There are also underlying factors that cause people to use certain things that we ignore because humans aren't practical. Horse ownership was never about getting around, it was about flexing. It was also a status thing. Even when adopted for war it was the cash money rich niggas using it, it was their way of saying we're cash money rich niggas, and 90% of the horses life was spent off the battlefield being used to flex.

So if someone starts a business, there's often an element of 'i want to control people' that motivates them. A lot of people mark their success by getting ppl on their pay role. These people 'can' automate, but they don't, and if they do it's a desperate last resort. People can get food from a vending machine but they want to go to a restaurant and have a cute whore treat them like they're worthwhile. This is a more realistic and consistent motivation than 'i want to get my food as efficiently as possible', and 'i want to control a fleet of cute whores' is a more realistic motivation than 'i want people to get food as efficient as possible'.

If we actually did what technology allows us to do on an efficiency and logical level, we would have phase out a lot of shit a long time ago. Service economies primarily focus resources on helping people cope with the existential depression of their shit life. So if there's a machine that gives you icecream cool, but people are actually paying to see another person, have that fuck nigga give you an icecream cone then lick it while staring at all the other icecream niggas because that's what we do god.
    Well, every piece of technology is for rich people first. Cars absolutely did replace horses and horses were definitely used for travel. People who used horses as transport or for taxis stopped using them quickly after cars became the more practical option. If you needed to travel any further than the next town you weren't going to walk it or bike it unless you had no other option. People who own horses now mainly use them for recreation, not travel.

And no technology is not capable of automating that many jobs right now. You need a system that basically takes care of itself which is not possible yet. Sure if you want an upmarket experience then going to a nice restaurant is great but most people don't need or want that every day. Fast Food and supermarkets are going to get a lot more automated, and you can get human interaction elsewhere.

And this is ongoing. Its short sighted to say we haven't done it yet so we'll never do it. There are a ton of jobs that have been automated, its just that luckily there were other industries that sprang up at the same time. Theres probably a limit to how long that cycle can continue before everything is performed better by an AI.

The tech industry is a bubble. It's a bunch of people that think alike at one wing and they're usually old stem lords with whatever Jasper has. Ironically, they're late adapters for technology (that they're not selling). The other wing, which is much smaller and much louder, are libertarians and futurist. This wing makes it's money from being loud. Getting everyone to think they have seen the future and putting money on them for having this ability. Because everyone moves towards that industry thinking it's the key to 'future money', there's a big loud portion of it dedicated to making noise and crystal ball reading.

When they make these calculations, their mild autism causes them to think everyone is like them and everyone is excited by technology that doesn't immediately lead to masturbation and social pea-cocking. this is an industry that is yet to learn that humanity isn't rational, so the estimations people like Yang make about automation are based on the idea that everyone is trying to be as efficient as possible. I'm working, but I'm also on a wutang forum ego-self serving by getting my rocks off about automation like I know anything. I don't give a fuck if you make a fucking laser that allows me to type all of this shit by blinking. I specifically chose to get my rocks off in this way and that's what I want to do. if people thought like stemlords think they think everyone would be wearing a white shirt, living in an efficiency den, and eating their food via pill.

infact, the tech industry now has a fascination with condensing food into pills and just swallowing because it's more logical than eating in their dumb ass mind. It's a huge thing. thie libertarian wing of the industry, everyone else wants to get a nice juice steak and a cold brew on Wednesdays, served by a lil bitch or two.
    There's definitely a bunch of people making money off talking shit on the subject and making wild predictions.

I think the key is to just look at the trajectory of the human race historically. We're not going to stand still, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Well, every piece of technology is for rich people first. Cars absolutely did replace horses and horses were definitely used for travel. People who used horses as transport or for taxis stopped using them quickly after cars became the more practical option. If you needed to travel any further than the next town you weren't going to walk it or bike it unless you had no other option. People who own horses now mainly use them for recreation, not travel.

And no technology is not capable of automating that many jobs right now. You need a system that basically takes care of itself which is not possible yet. Sure if you want an upmarket experience then going to a nice restaurant is great but most people don't need or want that every day. Fast Food and supermarkets are going to get a lot more automated, and you can get human interaction elsewhere.

And this is ongoing. Its short sighted to say we haven't done it yet so we'll never do it. There are a ton of jobs that have been automated, its just that luckily there were other industries that sprang up at the same time. Theres probably a limit to how long that cycle can continue before everything is performed better by an AI.

I think there's a misconception that companies create jobs. In reality markets create jobs. If the market wants more of X you find more people to deliver X. If the market wants less, you downsize. You can, as a business person, hire people without the market demanding they be there. That being said, most jobs in a developed economy are tied to a human interaction. It's the market coming to you to to say 'i want this to feel X way and believe you can help me get there', then you doing whatever you do to make them feel that way. There has been a decrease in human interaction that correlates with an increase in success for businesses that emphasize on human interaction. The explosion of cafes is directly linked with the growth of social media because people want to go somewhere with a human presence.

Imagine going 12 days only interacting with social media and various automated service programs and robots. lol you'll off yourself or flock to whichever places are still holding out. People can drink beer in their house (and do) but they also go to bars and drink the same thing for more money because there's human presence there.

japan was under the impression that human interactions were important but now they're all killing themselves because they were being dumb. I'm sure there was a time that vending machines were new and someone was saying 'in the future everyone will get their food from a vending machine', and only Japanese ppl took the asshole seriously. That's how I feel about all these 'AUTOMATION IS COMING' people.

Weren't out toasters and combs supposed to have Wifi by now according to tech douches in 2014 (internet of things)? They just make noise to promote themselves, which is literally Yangs strategy. 'Vote for me because I see the future and there's doom', 'invest in my Uber for sperm banks before it makes a dime of profit because in the future everyone will be nutting into an app'.