Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: midsommar

Default midsommar

went and saw this last night, man.....

what a fucking amazing psychological, mind fucker of a movie, this is probably one of the best joints ive seen this year. if you are into psychological/minfuck horror... don't hesitate to see this

was fucking watching peppa pig with my kids, 2 days ago, (official peppa pig channel on youtube)

when this fucking film popped up as an advert before the cartoon started.

^ Haha, you'd think they'd filter stuff like that out of kids shows.

This is the director of Hereditary, which was a solid movie but this one looks better.

is pepa the pig a good show?

this is the typical review i saw for the movie.

This movie was incredibly slow, boring, with zero explanation for everything, terrible writing, laughably bad acting and directing so terrible that he mis-framed shot after shot. A work of art?...this is not. I coulda saw this crap on Netflix and stopped halfway through instead of spending my good money on it.

wait what?

i think you may have missed the point of this movie, it was beautifully shot and very layered. most people took it as just a movie about a cult and their rituals but it goes deeper than that, the director has a flair for really delving into misery and making you see how it can either change people for the better or worst, this movie was really about Dani , family, and dealing with loss. its splendid because it was horror done without the cheap thrills, poltergeist and mutant killers, its scarier because its based on a more realistic setting and scenario any one of us could find ourselves in. i do however get that this kinda movie aint for everyone, its artsy and definitely doesn't use the usual hollywood formula.

that wasn't my review

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    is pepa the pig a good show?

Better than the Midsommar movie.

see image for proofs.

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    This movie was incredibly slow, boring, with zero explanation for everything, terrible writing, laughably bad acting and directing so terrible that he mis-framed shot after shot. A work of art?...this is not. I coulda saw this crap on Netflix and stopped halfway through instead of spending my good money on it.

I KNOW this isn't your review (as you said it in the post previous to this one and on the post after this one)

But most of the movies Radioactive man rates are pretty crap.. not sure if he genuinely thinks the movies are good, or if he is trolling (his gimmick)

I just take his reviews for what they are, he likes the movie.

lmao
    trust me
    you are the last person who's opinions and tastes matter to me. i could give two fucks if you like my taste in movies. Wouldn't expect you to even understand the genre of film i go for.

don't kid yourself

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    lmao
    trust me
    you are the last person who's opinions and tastes matter to me. i could give two fucks if you like my taste in movies. Wouldn't expect you to even understand the genre of film i go for.

don't kid yourself
    Ditto.

didn't expect to you catch feelz tho.

this is a forum, you post up movies you rate, that's all I was saying.
    as I said, I didn't expect u to get feels over that comment.

aint no feelz here. just telling you what it is.

don't worry about me. been told you this before

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    wait what?

its scarier because its based on a more realistic setting and scenario any one of us could find ourselves in.
    From Imdb

A couple travels to Sweden to visit a rural hometown's fabled mid-summer festival. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.

From the official website

Dani and Christian are a young American couple with a relationship on the brink of falling apart. But after a family tragedy keeps them together, a grieving Dani invites herself to join Christian and his friends on a trip to a once-in-a-lifetime midsummer festival in a remote Swedish village. What begins as a carefree summer holiday in a land of eternal sunlight takes a sinister turn when the insular villagers invite their guests to partake in festivities that render the pastoral paradise increasingly unnerving and viscerally disturbing.

That is very realistic bro, we can all find ourselves going to a festival were it turns out its just a cult gathering, were only me and my friends will be stalked/totured/killed.

its not based on reality. do a google search, find me one festival were anything like that happened.

to me Boyz from Brazil or Hostel, or Wolf Creek are just as realistic, if not more realistic, as those things have ACTUALLY happened in the real world.

I could do this about many of the 'movies' you rate, given your explanation for rating the movies; but I don't, I take your reviews for what they are.

That you like the movie., really don't get why or how you took that negatively to begin with,

top kekz.

Judging from what movies soul has (rarely) posted that he likes, he seems like a casual film fan who doesn't care about the art form.

Anyway this has been well reviewed. I'm guessing Brock pulled that feedback from his facebook feed or something.

Movies don't need to be literally realistic all the time to make very real points about life.