Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: when you listen to it now its clear BIG DOE REHAB is a CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to your ITunes,
    search "Ghostface Killah",
    highlight everything that comes up,
    "File",
    "New playlist from Selection".
    "Shuffle"

hit play and sit back.

Banned

i dont need to clean my ears man you need to play this shit til you love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"ill fuck you till you love me faggot" - iron mike

>>>>

what great album art ghost in a scarface white on red suit with a big titty mixed bitch nursing him wow ghost is a genius

i can play big doe rehab start to finish anytime wow what a classic piece of music

"Now I'm in the middle, watch is all chiseled
    I can holla at the birds like Dr. Dolittle
    (What's that in your pocket Ghost?) a Dill pickle
    (Not that) oh that's the forty-five stainless nickel"

wow what realness ghostface is enjoying his legendary status

ghost is brilliant what a brilliant video nice looking bitches and really good rhymes with a legendary DJ blowing out his lungs wow its brilliant

wow big doe rehab is a classic album

wow ghost might be the GOAT wow

its all so clear now wow

ghostface throwaway shit is the best rap on def jam wow apollo kids wow

no where classic, tried listening to it...cant do

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means

Great fuckin album no doubt, i couldnt believe when people on this site didnt like it, i thought it was great the first time i heard it. Not a classic though, no where near it, but it doesnt need to be.

Definitly better than "Apollo Kids", i need to listen to that more, the sound on it sounded fuckin shit on my system it sounded like they didnt fuckin master it properly at all. I need to give it another go though, coz people were saying it was a pretty dope album.

Have to revisit it. Bored me when it dropped (3rd Ghost LP in a 2 year span was too much even for a die-hard).
    Last edited by Kutman; 03-24-2012 at 10:32 AM.

{>____<}

I loved BDR when I first brought it in 2007 and I still love it to this day. The problem that I had with this album was the lack of love and promotion. In my opinion, BDR shouldn't be considered a classic, it should be considered a certified street banger! Overall, BDR is a good album that hasn't received the love by many.

Come on, guys. Just observe the Youtube views, they're low when they shouldn't be.

But there is no need to worry about Ghostface Killah's reputation. The man became a God when he released Supreme Clientele in 1999.

nada ignorante

This is how I rank Ghost's albums from top to bottom:

Ironman
    Supreme Clientele
    Fishscale
    Bulletproof Wallets
    More Fish
    Pretty Toney
    BDR
    Apollo Kids
    Wizard Of Poetry

And yess I ranked Fishscale on third so what niggaa??
    N.I.

LOL if Big Doe Rehab is what people calling classic these days then ill expect Beiber to do a track wit Necro

rediculous
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    sav once upon a time i didnt know who was the illest in the clan

now i can safely say its ghost

ghostface might be the GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his catalog shits on everyone and hell still shit on everyone now

he has more classsics than everyone and even albums that ppl thought werent all that turn into classics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GOAT
    I think when you look at it overall, it's clearly ghost. Yet, if you're talking quality of top like 3 albums then it becomes hard to say for me. It'd still probably be Ghost, but GZA is arguable. LS, BTS and Grandmasters are all really fucking ill in different ways. BTS was almost like a GZA presents Wu-Fam album. That album is a classic to me. It could be longer but that's the beauty of GZA, he says things in 2 bars that most take 6 to say.

Just tough... GZA did strictly hard beats and rhymes for those, Ghost has always been the most musical member of the Wu besides RZA (which kinda makes it weird to me he hated on 8D but whatever). It makes his albums real cohesive and dope; just hard to compare the difference in styles and say what is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    spoken like a true fan of the wu.

i used to debate who was the illest in the clan. it used to be a hard thing to do.

but in 2012 its very clear who it is.

but i wouldnt be mad if somebody said chef. but ghosts albums been nothing but hardcore.
    even the wizard of poetry joint was tight (yeah, i said it!).

chef & ghost been carrying the wu on their backs since the 8 diagrams fiasco.
    rae's work ethic kicked in overdrive since cl2. blessing us with shit like this 9th wonder callabo.

short but sweet.
    wu tang clan aint nuthin to fuck with.
    Right now it's undeniably Ghost and Rae as you say. In 18 months or so if Dark Matter and LS2 are out, it may have changed. It's really incredible the quality of the quantity of stuff Rae puts out. Same for Ghost, but honestly I don't think there's a dope MC out there who puts out as much shit as Rae.

Quote Originally Posted by HAQ View Post
    Have to revisit it. Bored me when it dropped (3rd Ghost LP in a 2 year span was too much even for a die-hard).
    This logic is strange to me but to each his own. I never really got into More Fish, but I blame that on there being so much good music out there in general and by Ghost, moreso than when it came out.

This thread made me listen to BDR last night and its an undeniable banger.

Makes me want to go through all Ghost's shit.
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Banned

I remember that myspace video Ghost made about fans downloading his music lol. kinda depressing to watch. he's one of the few dudes I support and buy his shit at the stores. late 2007 was nice when both 8 Diagrams and Big Doe Rehab came out. not sure which I like better. then again, I own big doe but not 8 diagrams, so that should tell you something

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    I remember that myspace video Ghost made about fans downloading his music lol. kinda depressing to watch. he's one of the few dudes I support and buy his shit at the stores. late 2007 was nice when both 8 Diagrams and Big Doe Rehab came out. not sure which I like better. then again, I own big doe but not 8 diagrams, so that should tell you something
    hmmm let me try and decipher your cryptic puzzle? no too difficult. swag.

if we're calling albums like "big doe rehab" classic hiphop albums then our standards have really taken a nose dive.

i guess thats how it is now where you can have an album with a handful of itunes hits be considered an awesome album. you dont have to make full albums anymore.

ghostface hasnt had anything near classic since supreme clientele. fishscale was a quality joint but besides that he has a bunch of albums you could pick 5 or 6 bangers off of that are otherwise loaded with filler.

guess thats the going rate for a quality album these days.
    Last edited by THE W; 03-25-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    if we're calling albums like "big doe rehab" classic hiphop albums then our standards have really taken a nose dive.

i guess thats how it is now where you can have an album with a handful of itunes hits be considered an awesome album. you dont have to make full albums anymore.

ghostface hasnt had anything near classic since supreme clientele. fishscale was a quality joint but besides that he has a bunch of albums you could pick 5 or 6 bangers off of that are otherwise loaded with filler.

guess thats the going rate for a quality album these days.
    big doe rehab >>> any bronze album

wow big doe rehab reaching classic status is making the geeks really mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big doe rehab is a classic
    fishscale is a classic

wow ghost has so many classic records its crazy

incredible rapping + hot ass beats = classic rap album

id like to see the filler tracks i know you nerds have no soul you would vibe to RZA beats if he sampled piss hitting toilet water and coins spinning in a washing machine

ghost picks classic beats and destroys them and makes albums like big doe rehab on a major without million dollar album budgets wow what a genius

i cant believe that nerds listening to bronze nazereth boring ass solo LPs religiously have the balls to say big doe rehab isnt a classic wow hip hop is dead man

worship >>> every track on big doe rehab

no one is gasing this album up as a classic but you and maybe ghostface himself.

im glad you enjoy the album though.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Big Doe Rehab is a dope album, but once again angry is doing his "shock posts" routine to stir up attention. Both of Bronze's albums are better than Big Doe Rehab in basically every category (beats, rhymes, concepts, originality,etc). But with an "angry" post, he is all gimmick so I'm fairly certain he doesn't really believe what he has typed here.

*Awaits angry's next shock post thread, "Wackest MC = Jay Electronica. Fuck you nerds"*

Keep'em coming.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud