Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dom Pachino says Cilvaringz is a bloodsucker of the Wu

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    "I had offered to produce the last Sunz album in full, at no charge, but the offer was declined." Fuck.
    Yeah that sucks

Edit: this thread should be renamed to "Dom Pachino is looking for beats on Twitter for his new album" lmao
    Last edited by hiphopjunky; 12-18-2019 at 09:23 PM.

But what do yall think about all these projects Dom P's putting out? He's being very consistent
    Snypa LG

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Such a shame nobody wanna touch Cilvaringz beats. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Goines View Post
    But what do yall think about all these projects Dom P's putting out? He's being very consistent
    High quality albums, all of them.

too much media bullshit all around in the wu fam these days, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    Such a shame nobody wanna touch Cilvaringz beats. Get over it.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Yeah that sucks

Edit: this thread should be renamed to "Dom Pachino is looking for beats on Twitter for his new album" lmao
    lol I see what you mean. Dom has a good ear for beats, though. he selects crazy good beats from virtually unknown producers. if Twitter helps, good for him ... and for us. He puts in a lot of work HIMSELF putting his albums together

honestly he and ghost, just to name two examples, are so good at selecting beats they should do this for the likes of Method Man and Raekwon. I hope Ghost is still at the helm of the next Wu Tang Clan album

Veteran Member

Grimson tide would be fuckin dope for a killarmy track. Sounds like a SWFQW beat.

But if Cilva is so righteous and all, why did you have to delete the OG thread about the album? To me, it seems, the beef is not about the quality of the music, but the snake moves. And also, when reading Cilva's posts , it is apparent that to him it is more important to get his name on different business papers than just let the music speak for itself. If the album really is "like 36 chambers", it should be a success without all this bullshit.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

The post was deleted because it has references to the music on it and I couldn't be fucked to go through hundreds of pages looking for it. We had to make sure the music was nowhere if we were to guarantee a sole existing exemplar of the music. And choosing to release it as a single copy was succesful and worth the 'bullshit'. Especially for me. It's an iconic record and story that everyone knows about, and I produced and conceptualized that. At least in my musical career I did something that resonated globally and is forever remembered by peers, media and the common folk. That alone is worth having as an accolade, especially as an artist. It seperates me from everyone else. Releasing the album normally would've gotten us maybe a week of attention and then it would've disappeared like every other record into oblivion. This record, is still being talked about, made the history books, has a book written about it, and now a movie in the making. Best choice I ever made. Surely you are capable of at least understanding that.

Yeah, all about YOU, that's not how I have understood Wu.

Cilvaringz

It's not an 'iconic record' LOL. It isn't. It can't possibly be. It's a stupid, bullshit, here today, gone tomorrow gimmick news story and you're welcome to the credit.

nada ignorante

How is the record Iconic if no one will ever have a chance to listen? Just a simple question...
    N.I.

Peace CT

Yeah this ^. I always call it an “album”. Music is meant to be heard. So to me, it basically doesn’t exist. Ringz calls it iconic because he got Twitter hits and mentioned on CNN. At least that’s my take. In the words of Joe Pesci, “it is what it is”. Peace

It's an iconic record in the sense that the record is globally known and talked about without the essence of it, the music, being known. Ask pretty much any artist about Wu-Tang's single copy album, and they'll know about it. Ask any industry person, entertainment lawyers, art people, and they'll know about it. Ask them about about The Saga Continues and / or A Better Tomorrow... pretty sure you won't get the same response. And it didn't start being all about me, it was a group effort to begin with. But now, sure I don't mind it at all being about me. And that 'music is meant to be heard' argument is old and tired. Throw that same argument at 4th Disciple for his unreleased vault or RZA's, or Dre's.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Cilvaringz

It's not an 'iconic record' LOL. It isn't. It can't possibly be. It's a stupid, bullshit, here today, gone tomorrow gimmick news story and you're welcome to the credit.
    Not at all my friend. 'Here today, gone tomorrow' applies to countless other records, not this one. This is still being talked about and it's 5 years on. I can tell the press tomorrow what the Department Of Justice told me on Monday and I'll have a whole new press round like that. Easy. Try that with another record.